Someone please tell me how the heck to post photos

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

Havi

Post by Havi »

very nice work! here in israel it opened immediately.
I enjoyed mostly the more imaginary like neptune, and the detail of the retro quilt - a very good piece in itself, reminds of Hans Hoffman .
I also like the framimg.
good luck
Haviva Z
- - - - with a smile :)

"Speed comes from the Devil" - (an Arabic proverb)
http://www.havivaz.com
Bozurka Pejcic

Frame

Post by Bozurka Pejcic »

Very nice work!
Like a watercolor paintings!
Really makes glass feel worm and soft...

There is one comment I have to make. :wink: I like your frames. The only thing doesn’t feel right to me is that your "paintings" need some air around them….It looks like you need another layer of one color glass around your “paintingâ€
Bozurka, Seattle
Cheryl

interesting...

Post by Cheryl »

I went thru a one-day critique recently with Steve Klein and asked that very question - about adding almost a border (like a quilt) between the work and the frame. Folks said no, but I'm still tinkering with the idea. Interesting that you brought it up.
Dayle Ann

Post by Dayle Ann »

Cheryl, I also really responded to your work on a strong emotional level. I like the flat work best-- the one slumped piece didn't seem to show off your style well, at least in the photos. All of them made me want to get up close and really really look deeply. I felt drawn in.

What impressed me most from a technical/design perspective is how your designs seem loose and random at first glance, but clearly a lot of thought and control went into making them work. And they do. Took my breath away.

Personally, I don't think they need a border at all. Part of the response that I had to your peices was the sense of unending space. To my mind, a border would tend to hem them in.

Dayle Ann