Web Site

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

Rob Morey

Web Site

Post by Rob Morey »

Hey all,

I finally got my web site up and working.

http://www.ramoreydesign.com

Take a look and feel free to comment. If there are any problems, such as loading time or screen size, or typo's, stuff like that, please let me know. If anyone out there has any constructive criticisms, they are whole-heartedly welcome.

Back to work!!

Rob
Ross

Post by Ross »

Great site.... this is intended to be constructive critisizm! Your Candle page fits on screen well. The Life page... I have to scroll to the right to see the full page or to get to the 'back to gallery'. Your 'about the process' page.... the pic is 'over' the text, but text fits well on page. The 'artist page'... I have to scroll to right to read it all. Site looks good though. Great pic of the artist which I assume is you!
Glenda Kronke

Post by Glenda Kronke »

Rob,

I just accessed your site from the address in your post and got to the first page. When I click on the center of the picture it takes me to a white page with a small 'banner' of a grouping of your glass. This is the address my screen screen shows.

(http://www.ramoreydesign.com/home.html )

Can't go anywhere from there... you think it's a mac thing? I can always get to everyone else's.

Will try again later.
Eli Petrova

Post by Eli Petrova »

Rob,

The site is very nice and your work looks great. Just a FYI on the first plate in the Gallery section there is a typo in the description. It states:"made form" instead of "made from".

Thanks for sharing!
Eli
Steve Immerman

Post by Steve Immerman »

Rob,

Nice site, nice work and good photography. I like the layout.

My only negative comment is that I think you could use a more attractive font.

Steve
lauren

Post by lauren »

good site! i love your work. couple things that html-ed me noticed...

post a title on your page so the page is 'named' (like how on here up top it says Warm Glass :: Bulletin Board) right now it just says untitled document.......right after your <head> line, type <title>RA Morey Design</title> (or whatever you want really) and that will take care of it.

may i also recommend using tables instead of layers, on my screen everything isn't centered it's kinda off to the left. also on all your other pages (process, about the artist, etc) the layers don't line up right, so that divider is going straight through all the links at the top so i can hardly read them. if you use tables it prevents that, and kinda cleans up the code so it's easier to edit.

i think you're not using a lot of potential space on your second page, i think there should be something along the lines of an artist statement, a 'welcome to my web page' ...something to really grab me.

i think all the pics on your site are great (the ones not of your work) seeing your studio, you with your work (what a GREAT pic! i'd be really proud of that one) do you have any more? throw em up there!

i could go on, but it's all tiny little things and i'll sound like i'm anal retentive but i'm not (maybe i'm just in denial) i like the site, good work!

email me if you have any questions viskosity@hotmail.com

ps - last thing sorry, hehehe...i kinda agree on the comment of using a different font. just want to add a spin to it...got a logo? if you can make one awesome, if not maybe just find a different font to write your name in to kinda make it stand out some more. ok i'm done now really. i need a life.
lauren

Post by lauren »

o, just noticed all your other pages except the first one has titles, so you obviously know how to do it ;) then i was just point out a correction to be made ;)
Marty

Post by Marty »

Nice site- ditto (with Steve) on the font, would love to have larger enlargements. Great photos!
Jim Wixon

Post by Jim Wixon »

I had the same results as Glenda...Get to your site...nothing to click on except photo montage...get a page with montage banner...nowhere else to go. I also have a Mac...anyone with a Mac able to get through?
Rob Morey

Post by Rob Morey »

Hey, I knew I could count on you guys. Thanks for the imput, it is all a great help. As for the Mac users, I don't know why it is that the second page won't load up properly. Someone else told me the same thing. Everything else I know how to fix, or at least I know where to start. Any suggestions anyone?

Again, many thanks to all of you.

Rob