Congratulations Licha!!!!

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Barb

Congratulations Licha!!!!

Post by Barb »

I was reading the paper tonight and who should I see but Licha!

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/visualart ... ass12.html

It was also great to see the newly formed Seattle Kiln Formed Glass Society in print as well!

Barb
Cynthia

Post by Cynthia »

great article Licha...and terrific about spreading the word that blown glass is gonna have to move on over!

Congrats
Licha Ochoa Nicholson

Post by Licha Ochoa Nicholson »

:lol: Thank you so much for the congrats! It was so much fun doing the interview because there just seems to be so much to share about what we're all doing! The reporter was just so astonished with fused glass and other good things we can do with a kiln of any size, especially watching me do the Vitri-Graph technique!
Thanks again. By the way, I'm enjoying a fun-filled week of Avery and Brock at Northwest Art Glass!
Licha
Rick Jarvis

Post by Rick Jarvis »

Licha I am glad you got the exposure and looked great but the quote that "Blown Glass Has Had Its Day " I find that disconcerting. Remarks like that surely do not enamour us to blowers, and how will GAS feel as we try to join forces?

Whatever achievement or growth that kiln formed glass enjoys should be on its own merits not by declaring another form of glass expression as on the downhill slide. IMHO blown glass has many more days ahead of it and a walk at the Rosen show, or any preeminant gallery will show that.

Let us promote our style and manner of expression in a positive and unique way...just like our glass.

BTW Licha I know it wasn't your words and while it makes great copy it still made me cringe.