Glass Guild By-Laws Exchange

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Paul Bush

Glass Guild By-Laws Exchange

Post by Paul Bush »

While currently serving as a board member and as President of the Portland chapter, I volunteered to undertake a review of the by laws of the Oregon Glass Guild, and it occured to me that we could all benefit from an exchange of glass organization by laws. A general discussion of what works, what hasn't, what need revising, etc. would be very helpful to me, and possibly to others as well.

Please feel free to contact me off-board, if you are interested in exchanging by laws. Of course, any general discussion of these matters should be on board, so all can benefit from it.

Legally Yours,

Paul Bush
Paul Bush
Flying Fish Studio
Portland, Oregon
Brock

Post by Brock »

Hey Paul, I just talked with the Prez of the BCGAA and I'll be sending you a copy of our bylaws. I don't know how comprehensive they are, but we;ve been around for 15 or 16 years, so they must have helped.

Good luck with it,

Brock
My memory is so good, I can't remember the last time I forgot something . . .
Brad Walker
Site Admin

Post by Brad Walker »

You might also look at this, Paul: http://www.igga.org/localchapters/bylaws.htm
Paul Bush

Post by Paul Bush »

Brock wrote:Hey Paul, I just talked with the Prez of the BCGAA and I'll be sending you a copy of our bylaws. I don't know how comprehensive they are, but we;ve been around for 15 or 16 years, so they must have helped.

Good luck with it,

Brock
Thanks, Brock. I'll look forward to getting them. One of the issues we're wrestling with is how to conduct board elections, when we have three (soon to be four) chapters spread out over 300 miles. Our current bylaws don't allow for proxy or mail voting, and this isn't fair to the chapters other than the one in Portland, where the annual meeting is held.

Paul
Paul Bush
Flying Fish Studio
Portland, Oregon
Paul Bush

Post by Paul Bush »

Brad Walker wrote:You might also look at this, Paul: http://www.igga.org/localchapters/bylaws.htm
I already have a copy of these Brad, but thanks for the lead.

Paul
Paul Bush
Flying Fish Studio
Portland, Oregon
charlie

Post by charlie »

what's different about glass guild bylaws than any other group who has bylaws? they could be almost identical, except for a few small specific clauses. perhaps you might want to look around at other local groups that have been around for a number of years.
Paul Bush

Post by Paul Bush »

Excellent point Charlie, and we're doing that as well.

Paul
Paul Bush
Flying Fish Studio
Portland, Oregon