Woo Hoo - I found my style!

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

Cindy next door

Woo Hoo - I found my style!

Post by Cindy next door »

http://community.webshots.com/album/74872047cFUiKO

I am so thrilled! I entered our local paper's Emerging Artist contest and made it into the 10 finalists. I will be featured in the newspaper June 8th and in a Scottsdale gallery for 10 weeks! The winner of the contest gets their own show!

I just took in the work in the pictures and they loved them. I was so nervous - didn't know if they were good enough. I am so excited. They are going to feature me June 12 during Art Walk! And, they want more pieces! It is a nice gallery, so it is such a thrill. The owners are wonderful too!

Cindy next door (to who?)
(Jackie's been....?????...)
Cindy next door
lauren

Post by lauren »

congrats!!!!!!!!!

i love 'secondary matters' - how big is it? looks pretty large

good for you, good luck on the contest for the show and congrats again on all the exposure :)

peace
- l
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

hey that's great! it really feels good when you have a success like that and can see the Big Door swing open for you. TA-DA!
Cindy next door

Secondary Matters

It's base is 10" x 10". The tower is 34" high - 3/8" thick

So glad you like it. I really LOVE the tower idea and hope people like it so I can make lots!!
Cindy next door
Lisa Allen

Post by Lisa Allen »

A BIG congrats on the feature and the gallery spot!!!!!!!!!!!! And, good luck in the show.

My fav is "Autumn Thoughts" :D

Lisa
Lisa Allen
http://www.lisa-allen.com
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
Jackie Beckman

Post by Jackie Beckman »

Cindy, I'm so proud of you and so very happy for you! Your tower turned out fantastic - I can't believe I didn't see it done before you brought it in. #-o You really should post a picture of the vanilla one also - it is beautiful, just fantastic. We should plan an AZ group to go to artwalk that night. Phil, Patricia, Darren, Charlie, etc - there are so many of us, and maybe dinner too. Anyone interested? Sorry I've been in hiding lately, but "next door to who?" - sheesh thats harsh! Come have coffee -
Cynthia

Post by Cynthia »

Congratulations!!!

Wow, your work has really evolved since I last took a peek and I am thrilled for you! Go Cindy Go.

Here's to a successful reception and a bright future. 8)
Brock

Post by Brock »

Conhgratulations Cindy, nice work! Did you finish the white on white piece ? Brock
My memory is so good, I can't remember the last time I forgot something . . .
Bert Weiss

Post by Bert Weiss »

Congratulations Cindy

Autumn Thoughts was the piece that spoke to me. Have fun putting together the show.
Bert

Bert Weiss Art Glass*
http://www.customartglass.com
Furniture Lighting Sculpture Tableware
Architectural Commissions
Amy on Salt Spring

Post by Amy on Salt Spring »

Cindy that is awesome--Congratulations!! Is that a glass base on Secondary Matters? Very cool! Hope you get lots and lots of attention and sales!
Amy
Steve Immerman

Post by Steve Immerman »

Beautiful work Cindy. Your progress has been phenomenal.

Keep it up!

Steve
Cindy next door

Thanks All

Thanks to all for your wonderful support. It is so nice to have a style to work on now!

Jackie - just giving you a hard time since I haven't seen you in ages. Just so everyone will know how much - we haven't heard the compressor going for days now! :) Nancy and I are getting worried! :)

And about Art walk. I was telling the owner about how many talented fusers we have out here and they're already thinking of a show with everyone in the fall - Double woo hoo!

Brock - I did get that tone on tone one done. My first tower was tone on tone too. I think I'll finish that up and take it to the gallery. I need to get a black background because they do not photograph well with the gray backing.

Autumn Thoughts seems to be a favorite. It was going to be a bowl, but I just loved it as it is. The base for it worked out perfect. Going to do a few in different sizes. Fortunately I had made a kiln load of high fires that I can finish up now.

:) AND like all great happenings....

What am I going to do now???

We're going to DISNEYLAND! :)

Kids are out of school and we're hopping over to Calif., "see" you all when I get back."

Cindy next door
Cindy next door
Aryana B. Londir

Post by Aryana B. Londir »

Beautiful work! Please let us know which gallery and when your work will be up so we can see it!

Aryana
Jerri Jennings

Woo Woo

Post by Jerri Jennings »

Wow Cindy, what a collection!! I can hardly wait to see it in person!! Please let us know when and where!!

Jerri Jennings
Amy Schleif-Mohr

Post by Amy Schleif-Mohr »

Fantastic work Cindy! Way to go, and good luck in the contest.

I'll be at the art walk in sprit!

Amy
dinah ihle

Post by dinah ihle »

Cindy, your success is great!! I love the work, especially Autumn. My daughter is going to be starting ASU, Tempe this fall, and my husband and I are going to be taking her to Freshman Orientation at the end of this month. I would love to know what gallery you are going to be exhibiting in. We will be sure to see it.
Greg Rawls

Post by Greg Rawls »

Very nice work! How did you attach the tall piece to the base? How thick is it? Did you use additional support?
Greg
Cindy next door

It actually works very well. The tall piece can actually stand on it's own, it's just easy to knock it over. The base is made leaving a 1/2" indentation for the tower. The feet and tower are siliconed in. Then small pieces of fired frit are put over the silicone to cover it. The base on Secondary Matters is 3/8" thick.
Cindy next door
Phil Hoppes

Super Job Cindy

Post by Phil Hoppes »

Very, Very nice work Cindy. Your tower came out fantastic. Can't wait to see them up close. You've worked so hard and your talent really shows.

Congratulations

Phil