I found a good source for tablecloths

The forum for discussion on business aspects of working with glass.

Moderator: Brad Walker

Marc Demian

I found a good source for tablecloths

Post by Marc Demian »

I just received my tablecloths from a company called Collector's House and I am really pleased. I do shows using those 2x4 folding tables from Costco many people are using now. I've tried buying traditional table cloths (don't fit and drag on the ground), making them myself from sheets (too small) and was really getting frustrated. A vendor at my last show told me about these. The tablecloths are fire proof, lightweight, and form fitting with a slit to get under for storage. The price seemed good too, at $44.00 each. I'm just happy to have another problem solved and thought I'd pass it on in case anyone else is frustrated too. He can make any size.

Collectors House. I talked to Jeff. 800-448 9298. Marc
Geri Comstock

Post by Geri Comstock »

Another place that makes tableclothes (and will even custom make them for you) is called, I believe, Dealer's Supply.

I no longer have their info, but they did have an 800 number which you can get from information. Their tableclothes have flame-retardent stuff put on them and they supply you with a certificate saying such, in the event you do indoor shows where such things may be a requirement. I have 4 of them and have used them for about 6 years. They're served me well.

Geri
barnesglass

Post by barnesglass »

We also have covers purchased from Dealer's Supply.
Have been using them for 6 years and very happy
with them. Noticed they have new colors available.

Website for Dealer's Supply is:
http://www.dlrsupply.com/

or call 800-524-0576 and ask for a catalog.
Nice company to do business with.

Dave & Dale Barnes
Barbara Cashman

Post by Barbara Cashman »

We had to buy special table coverings that were fire/flame retardant to comply with the fire code regulations for the shows we were in. Are those covers fire-coded? - Barbara
Geri Comstock

Post by Geri Comstock »

Barbara -

The tableclothes from Dealer's Supply are fireproofed. However, if you wash them or put them in the drier it goes away and they have to be fireproofed again.

They sell fireproofing spray. I just found some locally, though, at a place that sells silks flowers, believe it or not. LOL. I looked in the phone book for fire proof and eventually found a listing for the right stuff.

I put the bottle of the stuff on my table at this show to let them know I'd treated my fabrics and I guess the Fire Marshall must have liked it because my booth was deemed "okay". LOL.

Good luck!

Geri