Logo or Signature with Oven Cured Glass Paints?

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

camaro

Logo or Signature with Oven Cured Glass Paints?

Post by camaro »

Has anyone tried any of the Craft Oven Cured Glass Paints on finished pieces of their own glass works? My glassware is for decorative purposes only.
Thanks to all that respond. :D
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

one of those oven-cured paints was tested by a friend of mine, and it adhered to the glass very well. it was cured in the oven at whatever temp the directions called for, maybe 300F, and then my friend put the piece in the dishwasher and left it in there for a week or so, and it looked the same. it didnt peel or chip off. i think this was the brand called Porcelaine, but there are others, and i've heard they hold up well, too.
Luiza

Re: Logo or Signature with Oven Cured Glass Paints?

Post by Luiza »

camaro wrote:Has anyone tried any of the Craft Oven Cured Glass Paints on finished pieces of their own glass works? My glassware is for decorative purposes only.
Thanks to all that respond. :D
I use this kind of paints for my jewelry pieces. You can´t use them if they will be used with something hot, like ashtrays, because the colors changes - they all turn to dark amber.
It´s very usefull, cause you can work with float, and have very good color efects.
Luiza