We have a WINNER!!

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Ron Coleman

We have a WINNER!!

Post by Ron Coleman »

Just got my copy of New Glass Review 24 and on page 9 is Susan Taylor Glasgow's entry "Stylish Comfort". Congratulations Susan, very nice work.=D>

A link to the WGB Gallery picture of her work.

http://www.warmglass.org/gallery/GalGlasgow3.htm

Ron
Amy on Salt Spring

Post by Amy on Salt Spring »

I saw that and was so glad that something in our medium made it in and something great too. By my count, if you don't include casting, there were 6 or 7 pieces out of 100 that were in the kilnworking area. Kind of a low number. Gee if I had only known that all I had to do was get naked and strap pieces of glass to my personals and take a picture to get in I so would be in there! Since I wouldn't want to repeat anyone's work I think next year I'll try and find a great big test tube for my husband and get out the camera... ;-)
-A
rosanna gusler

Post by rosanna gusler »

hahahahahahaha you are a bad girl amy, i like that in a person, hee hee. now how do get that image out of my head??????? hee hee, rosanna
Ron Coleman

Post by Ron Coleman »

Amy on Salt Spring wrote:I saw that and was so glad that something in our medium made it in and something great too. By my count, if you don't include casting, there were 6 or 7 pieces out of 100 that were in the kilnworking area. Kind of a low number. Gee if I had only known that all I had to do was get naked and strap pieces of glass to my personals and take a picture to get in I so would be in there! Since I wouldn't want to repeat anyone's work I think next year I'll try and find a great big test tube for my husband and get out the camera... ;-)
-A
The last time the topic of New Glass Review came up, Brock said the work had to have "content". So I guess glass undies on someone and husbands in giant test tubes would be considered having CONTENT. :lol:

Ron
Dani

Post by Dani »

That's more content than most of the work.... :twisted: Congratulations to Susan though.... a portent that the jury is perhaps acquiring some taste. Or knowledge. Now that I've put that in print, I suppose I'll have to submit under an assumed name next go-round! Just call me John Galt.
Marty

Post by Marty »

Re New Glass- mostly like the emperor's New Clothes, but then I'm a shallow person and don't understand that sort of thing.

Anyway, Susan's work stood out magnificently. Congratulations!
Barbara Cashman

Post by Barbara Cashman »

The last time the topic of New Glass Review came up, Brock said the work had to have "content". So I guess glass undies on someone and husbands in giant test tubes would be considered having CONTENT. :lol:

Ron[/quote]

Ron, depends on which syllable of "content" you want to emphasize.... :wink: - Barbara
Delores Taylor

Re: We have a WINNER!!

Post by Delores Taylor »

Ron Coleman wrote:Just got my copy of New Glass Review 24 and on page 9 is Susan Taylor Glasgow's entry "Stylish Comfort". Congratulations Susan, very nice work.=D>

A link to the WGB Gallery picture of her work.

http://www.warmglass.org/gallery/GalGlasgow3.htm

Ron
Congratulations Susan, wonderful work