More Famous-ness going on around here

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Jackie Beckman

More Famous-ness going on around here

Post by Jackie Beckman »

Just got my issue of Glass Craftsman, and want to point out the fantastic article featuring Bob and Catharine. Have a look.

And as a side note, I just have to comment Catharine - I've said this to several others about you, and now that I'm thinking of it I'll tell you. Woman, you are like trying to play golf against Tiger Woods! No matter how good the rest of us around here get, we just don't stand a chance. Every time I see something new of yours, I am just flabbergasted at your talent. You are amazing.

Super job, both of you!

Jackie
Jackie Beckman

Post by Jackie Beckman »

Sheesh! I can't believe that I didn't mention that Judith wrote the above mentioned article! (as well as one on patternbars and another on slumping bowls) And Brad has one in there on drop rings. Sorry - didn't mean to ignore anyone.
dee

Post by dee »

Jackie Beckman wrote:Sheesh! I can't believe that I didn't mention that Judith wrote the above mentioned article! (as well as one on patternbars and another on slumping bowls) And Brad has one in there on drop rings. Sorry - didn't mean to ignore anyone.
i hope my sorry post office can manage to deliver my copy tomorrow!!! i wanna see too!!!! ;P
Dee Janssen
Unicorn's Creations Studio
http://ucjewelry.com
dee@ucjewelry.com
Ann Demko

glass craftsman

Post by Ann Demko »

What a day maker. When I got home from work I was thrilled to see my latest copy of Glass Craftsman on the kitchen table. After puttering around, picked up my copy to see what was happening and was bowled over. So much warm glass all in one issue. Not only that, but the excellent articles and pictures were about works of people I have been introduced to by this board. I felt like an insider. Thanks to all for the "family" feeling of this venue. Ann D
Catharine Newell

Re: More Famous-ness going on around here

Post by Catharine Newell »

Jackie Beckman wrote:Just got my issue of Glass Craftsman, and want to point out the fantastic article featuring Bob and Catharine. Have a look.

And as a side note, I just have to comment Catharine - I've said this to several others about you, and now that I'm thinking of it I'll tell you. Woman, you are like trying to play golf against Tiger Woods! No matter how good the rest of us around here get, we just don't stand a chance. Every time I see something new of yours, I am just flabbergasted at your talent. You are amazing.

Super job, both of you!

Jackie

Jeesh, Jackie! You make me blush... You also made my latte taste better, the kilns' relay clickings even more musical, and the sun come out! Thanks!

I sure thoroughly enjoyed cruising through your beautiful new work the other day - it's as uplifting and energizing as all get out! I love the new panels with insets.... really, really nice work.

I'm going to have to find an issue of GC somewhere,
Catharine
Brock

Re: More Famous-ness going on around here

Post by Brock »

Catharine Newell wrote:
Jackie Beckman wrote:Just got my issue of Glass Craftsman, and want to point out the fantastic article featuring Bob and Catharine. Have a look.

Super job, both of you!

Jackie

Jeesh, Jackie! You make me blush... You also made my latte taste better, the kilns' relay clickings even more musical, and the sun come out! Thanks!

I sure thoroughly enjoyed cruising through your beautiful new work the other day - it's as uplifting and energizing as all get out! I love the new panels with insets.... really, really nice work.

I'm going to have to find an issue of GC somewhere,
Catharine
And very well deserved praise it is Catharine. The new slides are great. Brock
My memory is so good, I can't remember the last time I forgot something . . .