Patriotic Pot Melt

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

Jerry

Patriotic Pot Melt

Post by Jerry »

Just in time for the 4th of July holiday, here's something new I just put into my showroom. Probably not another one just like it near by.

After I made the pot melt, I added the border and slumped it into a home made mold. That's three firings; guess I'm not going to sell too many based on the price I'll have to get.

Jerry
Tony Smith

Post by Tony Smith »

I love the feathering effect of the colors on the border Jerry. Would you care to talk about that a bit?

Tony
The tightrope between being strange and being creative is too narrow to walk without occasionally landing on both sides..." Scott Berkun
Jerry

Patriotic Pot Melt

Post by Jerry »

The border was a test; we've never done anything like that before and I didn't know if it would work or not.

It's a sift of Thompson's Enamel on white Spectrum series 96. I used a very small sifter to get that pattern and that should explain why it is irregular.

Now, someone is sure to point out that Thompson's Enamels have a COE problem, and the Cobalt is one of those. It's COE is actually 90! It seems to work with Spectrum 96 and I'm not exactly sure why, but the chief chemist at Thompson's told me there are a lot of folks out there doing the same thing with the same results. His advice is just don't pile it on too deep and it will work fine: I agree.

Jerry