display stands

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

EmmaPicton

display stands

Post by EmmaPicton »

Can anyone help? I'm looking for a supplier/maker of display stands within the UK. I've checked the archives and couldn't seem to find any.

I was also wondering how discs can be fitted to the stands? Do they just sit in them or is it more permanent? Silly Questions I'm sure, but I'm just learning.

Thanks, Emma
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

the curve that supports the disk has small flanges which keep the disk in place. to see what the stands look like, check out this link: http://www.artglass1.com/slumpingforms.htm
sorry to say, i dont know any source in the UK. you could have a blacksmith make some for you, or a welder.
Peg

Re: display stands

Post by Peg »

EmmaPicton wrote:Can anyone help? I'm looking for a supplier/maker of display stands within the UK. I've checked the archives and couldn't seem to find any.
Bohle sell acrylic stands (bohle.de). They have warehouses in London and Oldham.
If you search for stands on the web there are lots of shop-display companies who make useful items.