Ohio

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

PDXBarbara

Ohio

Post by PDXBarbara »

Hi guys...
I'll be in Dayton Ohio from July 11 - 21. I'll be visiting family, which can be all-encompassing, but want to find time to visit or talk with some of you guys in the Dayton/Cincinnati area.... Any takers?

Also, would like to check out some shops/galleries to see glass and who knows maybe someone'd be interested in mine?

Thanks, all....
xxoo
Barbara
Barbara Bader
Don Burt

Post by Don Burt »

10 days in Ohio. Hang in there, you can survive it. I'll email you some suggestions for the weekend of the 19th as the date draws nearer. A road trip to Louisville would be something to consider too.
BobB

Loiusville

Post by BobB »

db,

I'm going to be in Louisville at the end of the month. I'd love to get any recommendations of places to visit while there. Please feel free to email me.

Thanks,
BobB

sweet-joy@comcast.net
Don Burt

Re: Loiusville

Post by Don Burt »

BobB wrote:db,

I'm going to be in Louisville at the end of the month. I'd love to get any recommendations of places to visit while there. Please feel free to email me.

Thanks,
BobB

sweet-joy@comcast.net
Check out Marta Hewetts Gallery;
http://www.martahewettgallery.com/

Do a google search on Glassblowing and Louisville and poke around a bit. There's a lot of glass activity in Louisville and their local press acknowledges it.
Stephie

Post by Stephie »

You might want to make sure it's still there. I have family around Celina, and the whole area has had the worst flooding in a hundred years. Now I remember why we moved out to California on top of a hill!
Steph
Ann Demko

Post by Ann Demko »

Barbara, There was a fantastic exhibit in Louisville called The Light Within that featured all kinds of glass. It was a co ordinated effort of four galleries and museums and it was not to be believed. There is still the Chaholy( having a mental block on spelling) exhibit at glassworks till the end of July at Glassworks. The Martha Hewitt Galery is also located ther and they usuallyy have warm glass items among others. Also some warm glass pieces in the gift store. There may still be the glass exhibit at the Ky Arts and Design Complex located a short walk from Glassworks. I'm sure they would know if it was still there and could give you directions. Have fun. Ann Demko PS Louisville is about 1.5 hours from Cincinatti.