Something new

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

Ann Demko

frame

Post by Ann Demko »

FANTASTIC. So beautiful and serene. Beauty in simplicity. I ditto the remark about the frame. I think it would stand alone or if you prefer the framed look maybe one that is not so wide. IMO it draws the focus from the piece somewhat. It really is hard to tell not having the piece in front of me but when I look at the closer shot that doen't have the frame it just jumps out. Ann D.
Linda Reed

Post by Linda Reed »

It's great Paul!

I think the frame does add to it.

I'm not exactly sure about the oak picture frame look... I'm not sure if something more organic would have added or would have taken attention from the glass - but maybe something less mitred- more pondlike...? But maybe not. I have a friend that has a very zen backyard with a very rectangular mitred koi pond - this reminds me of a leaf falling into that. I'm not sure how to convey a more 'in the wilds' feeling or if you'd want to. Maybe next time you could play with a non-rectangular glass shape and a thick metal frame cut into a free form with an acetylene torch or something... But overall this is great and I think the glass without a boundary would strike the eye as odd - water in a square without a 'container'. IMHO, which doesn't count for much. Now. What are you going to do with those other 30 leaves? I'm envisioning the approach of Fall... :)

Linda
GlassOrchid

Post by GlassOrchid »

Such a beautiful piece that I just had to add my own ooohhhhh and ahhhhh!

~N