Outside set ups.

The forum for discussion on business aspects of working with glass.

Moderator: Brad Walker

bsharp

Outside set ups.

Post by bsharp »

Hello my fellow artist and glass enthusiasts. i need ideas. I've been doing street fairs for a bout a year and I'm still not happy with my display. I've purshase glass boxes which take a few hours to set up to making shutters into selves and I'm still not happy. does anyone have any ideas they would like to share? I really could use some help.
Paul Housberg

Post by Paul Housberg »

What kind of work are you displaying? How large, etc?
Paul Housberg
Glass Project, Inc.
Art Glass Feature Walls
http://www.glassproject.com
http://www.facebook.com/housberg
dee

Re: Outside set ups.

Post by dee »

bsharp wrote:Hello my fellow artist and glass enthusiasts. i need ideas. I've been doing street fairs for a bout a year and I'm still not happy with my display. I've purshase glass boxes which take a few hours to set up to making shutters into selves and I'm still not happy. does anyone have any ideas they would like to share? I really could use some help.
i use pedestals by Dynamic Display Systems - http://dynamicdisplaysystems.com/dynami ... ii_001.htm - including their jewelry case tops. while they are pricey, i will only be adding a pedestal or 2 in the future, not replacing them. i can set up the pedestals - 4 doubles and 2 singles - in 15-20 min - leveling time not included ;) - and they break down almost as fast and store/travel very compactly, lightweight, now come with acrylic textured tops so humidity, like here in the se, doesn't affect them at outdoor shows, i have the fabric skirts - work wonderfully, fold up nicely, don't wrinkle ;) have found wood shims work the best on grass with these cases, look wonderfully upscale ;)
D
Dee Janssen
Unicorn's Creations Studio
http://ucjewelry.com
dee@ucjewelry.com
gone

Post by gone »

Hey, Dee's link to Dynamic Display's site shows Sara Creekmore's display. Very cool!
ruthpowers

Post by ruthpowers »

Hey, friends. I am going to be doing the show scene working up to the holiday season. I am very excited and am planning my booth. I have looked at the web site for Dynamic Display and they are beautiful, but are more than I want to invest for right now. Has anyone tried the tables that REI has that are the same concept? They fold out. The are called "aluminum roll top table". Go to REI.com. Search "table" and scroll down. They look like they might work for my booth. They are a bit low, but I would put risers for part of the table. What do you think?
Ruth Powers
Glass Silver Dance Dogs
Nancy Juhasz

Post by Nancy Juhasz »

Hi Ruth, I use the 6' plastic top folding tables that can be purchased at Lowe's, Home Depot, BJ's, Sam's Club, etc. They are about $50 and are very sturdy. They have different sizes and one that adjusts in height. I cover them with fitted table clothes for a very tailored look. They work well for me. Hope this is some help. Nanc
Nanc
Alecia Helton

Outside set ups

Post by Alecia Helton »

I use the Lifetime tables that you buy at Sams Club. To get them up to height I use bed elevators that I buy at Bed Bath & Beyond for $14.95 for a set of 4. They work great. The only problem is it takes two people to move your table once it is set up.

I hade a professional seamstress make table cloths to hide the elevators. Drapes would work, also. I'm off to a show at noon. Wish you lots of luck.

Alecia
Alecia Helton
Wear Original Wonders!
Carrollton TX
ernest porcelli

Display

Post by ernest porcelli »

I use tables i got from Costco the 24 x48 add 8 inches with pipe and screws to make table high to 42". the pipe can be ajustable for uneven ground ,your out doors add risers for different hights ep
-EP
ruthpowers

Post by ruthpowers »

Thanks to everyone who has responded. I can take a bit from everyone's setup. Ernest, I went to your site and enjoyed being able to see the images of your shows. Great glass.
Ruth Powers
Glass Silver Dance Dogs