cab anneling ?

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Ann Demko

cab anneling ?

Post by Ann Demko »

Hey guys I need help quickly. I have made some cabs at the most 3/4" x 2" and am now ready to fire polish. How long do I anneal? Can I reach top temp, go afap to 960, hold for 5-10 min. and then shut off the kiln? I have a side fire ceramic kiln/controller. The gallery I have some pieces in wanted me to do a few cabs for them, but since jewelry is not my forte I haven't paid to much attention to all of the posts already made on this subject and therefore find myself in a predicament. I haven't learned how to research a subject on the new format yet, soooooo .....I'm at your mercy. Thank you, Ann
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

that'll work fine. i dont hold to anneal my jewelry parts because they're so small. i just turn the kiln off and let it cool down on its own. if i'm in a big hurry, i crack it open and let it cool faster.
rosanna gusler

Post by rosanna gusler »

sounds good anne, whatever the hold time is just depends on the thickness of the piece. rosanna