Etching materials

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Rob Cleve

Etching materials

Post by Rob Cleve »

I'm doing a piece that is combining several different techniques, and I wanted to know what product produces the most significant etching result. The one I've tried barely varies the surface even after sitting on the glass for almost 20/30 minutes? Any ideas are appreciated!
Thanks

Rob
dee

Re: Etching materials

Post by dee »

Rob wrote:I'm doing a piece that is combining several different techniques, and I wanted to know what product produces the most significant etching result. The one I've tried barely varies the surface even after sitting on the glass for almost 20/30 minutes? Any ideas are appreciated!
Thanks

Rob
rob, if you are using a liquid etching solution after fusing you need to leave the glass in for an hour or more, or you can sandblast....
D
Dee Janssen
Unicorn's Creations Studio
http://ucjewelry.com
dee@ucjewelry.com
Rob Cleve

Post by Rob Cleve »

Dee

I'd love to get a sandblaster but space and $$ wouldn't work for that right now. Any recommendations on brands of the liquid etching or do you find that they're all about the same?

Rob
charlie

Post by charlie »

borrow, rent time, or make a new friend with someone who makes headstones.
Rob Cleve

Post by Rob Cleve »

haha
I'd love to, I live in Chicago, know of anyone?

Rob
charlie

Post by charlie »

Rob wrote:haha
I'd love to, I live in Chicago, know of anyone?

Rob
from az?

in brian-ese:

phone. shelf next to it. yellow pages. open. flip through. dial. repeat as needed.

let your fingers do the walking.