Is it too good to be true?

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Ann Demko

Is it too good to be true?

Post by Ann Demko »

Reading the morning paper, I came across an ad for a two day tool sale. It is a company that goes around to cities, sets up and sells reconditioned and new tools and then leaves. They had a 10 gal. sandblasting pressure pot for $98 and a 30"X 20" sandblast booth for $188. What do you think? Ann
Brock

Re: Is it too good to be true?

Post by Brock »

Ann Demko wrote:Reading the morning paper, I came across an ad for a two day tool sale. It is a company that goes around to cities, sets up and sells reconditioned and new tools and then leaves. They had a 10 gal. sandblasting pressure pot for $98 and a 30"X 20" sandblast booth for $188. What do you think? Ann
I think I'd inspect the items very carefully, but it may be a good deal. Brock
My memory is so good, I can't remember the last time I forgot something . . .
charlie

Re: Is it too good to be true?

Post by charlie »

Brock wrote:
Ann Demko wrote:Reading the morning paper, I came across an ad for a two day tool sale. It is a company that goes around to cities, sets up and sells reconditioned and new tools and then leaves. They had a 10 gal. sandblasting pressure pot for $98 and a 30"X 20" sandblast booth for $188. What do you think? Ann
I think I'd inspect the items very carefully, but it may be a good deal. Brock
you can get a new 40 lb pressure pot for $79, and a similar booth for $199 when harbor freight runs their normal sales on these items.

they come with a warrantee longer than 5/5.
Ann Demko

thanks

Post by Ann Demko »

thanks guys. Ann
Marty

Post by Marty »

Ann- those road shows aren't giving anything away. Buy from somewhere you can go back to. Marty