Evocativerre-New Fused Pendant

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

Melissa Terman

Evocativerre-New Fused Pendant

Post by Melissa Terman »

This is the first time I'm posting a picture on this bulletin board so I hope this works.

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse. ... ted=534646

This is one piece from my new jewelry series entitled Evocativerre(TM). This pendant is made of matching pattern bar slices fused together, coldworked, hand polished and drilled.

It has been interesting to get people's reactions to this work because it seems that everyone sees something different. It's been a kind of Rorschach test. (this piece has the most consensus though.)

I learned this technique from Brock Craig and Avery Anderson at their fabulous fusing workshop at Urban Glass last January. I noticed that their names were suspiciously absent from the course listing this coming winter. A little to cold for ya eh?
Melissa Terman
Brock

Post by Brock »

I learned this technique from Brock Craig and Avery Anderson at their fabulous fusing workshop at Urban Glass last January. I noticed that their names were suspiciously absent from the course listing this coming winter. A little to cold for ya eh?

Cold? For me? Hey, or should that be Eh, I'm Canadian. We love the cold.

But . . . Damn right it was too cold. I think below freezing inside the building is just a little too cold for humans. Have you been back? Use up your generous credit for staying alive during our course? Have they got any heat in that building yet?

Nice piece, Melissa. Brock
My memory is so good, I can't remember the last time I forgot something . . .
Kim Bellis

Post by Kim Bellis »

Melissa:
That piece is beautiful! I got a futuristict feel from it. Reminded me of an alien with wings (okay I watch Signs today). I love it!! Good work
Kim
Melissa Terman

Post by Melissa Terman »

thanks Brock and Kim.

Brock, nothing has changed at Urban, but they did let me use the credit towards their coldworking club. I expect it'll be fairly uncomfortable there soon. If you think that place is bad in winter, you should try it in summer. Heat like they only know in Hell.
Melissa Terman
Nikki ONeill

Post by Nikki ONeill »

Mee too:
"user not found"

Nikki
Melissa Terman

Post by Melissa Terman »

Yeah, i switched the link. You can go here:

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubgallery.asp?id_=426288

thanks for looking
Melissa Terman
Nikki ONeill

Post by Nikki ONeill »

Melissa:
The pendants are beautiful, and what a unique way to use pattern bar slices. Thanks for sharing.
Nikki
Melissa Terman

Post by Melissa Terman »

thanks. It's nice to hear positive feedback.
Melissa Terman
lauren

Post by lauren »

hi melissa!

i saw your work at the urbanglass gallery, it looks great! i was just wondering around when i your pieces caught the corner of my eye and i was like wait a secondddddd....nice work :)

btw folks, the flat shop at UG does indeedy have a heater. cuz cuttin glass with mittens on was a drag

peace
- l
suzmary

Post by suzmary »

Very nice work. Beautiful pieces.
"Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing." Theodore Roosevelt
SAReed

Post by SAReed »

Very beautiful! I really like the necklace with the 3 rings in the middle (5th picture).

I like the hedgehog, too. :)
Stacey