Having a go at pasting an image.

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

Haydo

Having a go at pasting an image.

Post by Haydo »

I've been adding a few pics of latest work onto my Webshots album to show friends who don't live very close and thought I'd give this a go. I guess it's a faith thing because I don't see the address turn into an image as I'm typing. Regards, Haydo
Life is like a raft, so be like a rat!...Challenging being a captain type rat though, going down with each ship and all!!
Kim Bellis

Post by Kim Bellis »

Haydo:
Nothing came up for me - try again I'd love to see -
jim simmons

Re: Having a go at pasting an image.

Post by jim simmons »

Haydo wrote:Image

I've been adding a few pics of latest work onto my Webshots album to show friends who don't live very close and thought I'd give this a go. I guess it's a faith thing because I don't see the address turn into an image as I'm typing. Regards, Haydo

[/img]
I think that on the Webshots site you will have to make the photo public and then just furnish the url. They won't let you bring it to the board.
Jim
Jenny

Post by Jenny »

It's gorgeous!!!! I got it to come up. First you right click on the red X. Then you go to properties. Then you highlight the web address and do Ctrl C. Then you paste in your browser line and hit Enter it comes up. Strange thing though is that when you hit the back button after viewing the photo, the photo appears in the message.

Anyway, I absolutely love the piece. Great job!
Kim Bellis

Post by Kim Bellis »

Wow! That is beautiful - how thick is it? Is that Frit?
Kim
Ron Coleman

Post by Ron Coleman »

Stephie

Post by Stephie »

:( I just tried and it said forbidden
Stephie
Amy on Salt Spring

Post by Amy on Salt Spring »

I get "Forbidden" too Ron.
-A
Ron Coleman

Post by Ron Coleman »

I can only get it to work in Netscape, IE gives me a Forbidden too.

Ron
jim simmons

Post by jim simmons »

Ron Coleman wrote:I can only get it to work in Netscape, IE gives me a Forbidden too.

Ron
I just tried netscape 4.1 and netscape 7.0, and got forbidden on both of them.

Also, I went to haydo's album on Webshots and got the message that "you are not the owner of this album" And it is marked private.

He needs to give public permission.
Jim
jim simmons

Post by jim simmons »

jim simmons wrote:
Ron Coleman wrote:I can only get it to work in Netscape, IE gives me a Forbidden too.

Ron
I just tried netscape 4.1 and netscape 7.0, and got forbidden on both of them.

Also, I went to haydo's album on Webshots and got the message that "you are not the owner of this album" And it is marked private.

He needs to give public permission.
Jim

Well, now. I just copied the link that Ron provided and pasted it into the location bar and it worked. However it didn't work just clicking on it. :?: :?: :arrow: :-k

Jim
Clifford Ross

Post by Clifford Ross »

Ron's posted url works on Internet explorer
Haydo

Post by Haydo »

Sorry for not making it easy, I'll work on it just like the glass. To answer one of the questions about the lay-up, it's vitrograph cane(whole, sectioned and crushed), sheet broken up, frit, powder and one small pot melt. I've been dabbling with sort of stuff since attending a workshop during ausglass03 with Marc Grunsiet and Jon Firth. - Haydo
Life is like a raft, so be like a rat!...Challenging being a captain type rat though, going down with each ship and all!!
Haydo

Post by Haydo »

A bit slow here in the Tropics, I forgot to pass on the public address of the album.... http://community.webshots.com/user/imagoman

-Haydo
lauren

Post by lauren »

wow, your work is beautiful.

i'm intrigued by the marker series, the pieces as well as the concept. wanna tell the story behind it all? are there more done than canefire?

peace
- l
Don Burt

Post by Don Burt »

Haydo wrote:A bit slow here in the Tropics, I forgot to pass on the public address of the album.... http://community.webshots.com/user/imagoman

-Haydo
Cool work. If you're not already familiar with Hans Hoffman, check out his stuff....he'd have liked the vitreograph:
http://www.pbs.org/hanshofmann/selected_works_001.html
Haydo

Post by Haydo »

Thanks Lauren, The markers are what "indicate that I'm near home". The cane fire is probably my most vivid memory from childhood, I lived across the road from the fields for eight years. Breaking the day is my version of what I enjoy from my decks today, looking across the mangroves, tidal creek and beyond(there's even two cane fires). I'll add to these by doing an aerial of my region, a marine panel and finally a rainforest panel. When our cafe gets up and running, my wife can afford to let me loose on the weekdays to do whatever. - Haydo