C & R Loo

The forum for discussion on business aspects of working with glass.

Moderator: Brad Walker

Amy on Salt Spring

C & R Loo

Post by Amy on Salt Spring »

I've ordered from C & R Loo several times (always BE rods) in the past and quite often had problems receiving the wrong things or having things left off an order. After not ordering for more than a year I found myself in need of some rods and although I buy most of my glass locally, (or straight from BE if I have a large order) the local place doesn't sell rods and so I thought I'd try C&R Loo again. I got the box today and joking to my husband I said "Gee I wonder what's wrong with this order". Sure enough they left out several rods even though they charged me for them. Has anyone else had this experience? Is there another place that sells rods that is more reliable?
Amy
Andrew

Other vendors are problematic as well

Post by Andrew »

In the past I've had similar problems with another vendor (from Chicago if you want to guess), although to their credit they have always resolved issues very promptly. I've also heard of similar problems with vendors in other parts of the country. I don't mind if they make a mistake, as long as they make it right in the end.

You think to watch vendors in the glass business, try running a restaurant . . .

AW
Andrew

Other vendors are problematic as well

Post by Andrew »

In the past I've had similar problems with another vendor (from Chicago if you want to guess), although to their credit they have always resolved issues very promptly. I've also heard of similar problems with vendors in other parts of the country. I don't mind if they make a mistake, as long as they make it right in the end.

You think to watch vendors in the glass business, try running a restaurant . . .

AW
Last edited by Andrew on Sat Nov 29, 2003 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jim simmons

Re: C & R Loo

Post by jim simmons »

Amy on Salt Spring wrote:I've ordered from C & R Loo several times (always BE rods) in the past and quite often had problems receiving the wrong things or having things left off an order. After not ordering for more than a year I found myself in need of some rods and although I buy most of my glass locally, (or straight from BE if I have a large order) the local place doesn't sell rods and so I thought I'd try C&R Loo again. I got the box today and joking to my husband I said "Gee I wonder what's wrong with this order". Sure enough they left out several rods even though they charged me for them. Has anyone else had this experience? Is there another place that sells rods that is more reliable?
Amy
hi Amy. Try
http://www.frantzartglass.com

They are very reliable, and not to far away. They are located in Shelton Washington.
jim
Amy on Salt Spring

Re: C & R Loo

Post by Amy on Salt Spring »

[/quote]

hi Amy. Try
http://www.frantzartglass.com

They are very reliable, and not to far away. They are located in Shelton Washington.
jim[/quote]

Thanks for the suggestion Jim but I looked at the site and they don't appear to sell Bullseye rods which is all I use. Am I mistaken?
Amy
sadiesjewels

Post by sadiesjewels »

Hi Amy,

I live fairly near CRLoo and buy from there directly ... not that it helps with the mail orders at all.

I've also purchased from Frantz ... they are very nice to deal with. The web site drives me nuts though and doesn't show all that they have. I finally managed to get a catalog out of them and they do have BE (says she running to check the catalog) ... NO .... they don't!! At least it's not in the catalog either ... (glad I checked)

Arrow Springs ... they definitely do ... I know I've bought BE glass from them!

Sadie - not very helpful today! (That's what happens when she should be working and not checking mountains of email)
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

i quit buying from them years ago -- they never had the colors i needed, and i'd get these partial shipments missing very important things because nobody checked to see if it was REALLY in stock. i went there about a year and a half ago to buy a kiln, and was kind of shocked at the place. it's not very clean, and nobody works there, if you know what i mean. man, talk about missed opportunities for a business ... anyway, the way things have developed over the years, i just buy what i need from BE and CBS, and that's the end of it.