Glass Eye 2000

The forum for discussion on business aspects of working with glass.

Moderator: Brad Walker

Karen Laing

Glass Eye 2000

Post by Karen Laing »

I know this is not a warm glass topic but I am looking for help and if you could point me in the correct direction for help I would really appreciate it.

I just did the first weekend of my first studio tour with my stained glass and my fusing (which I am relatively new at).

It went very well and am having be pretty crazy for next weekend because a series has sold out completely I need to make more. I also rec'd 5 large commissions for STained Glass. I am so thrilled. It was nice to see peoples reactions to my work and the variety that I do.

I have Glass Eye 2000 and can't make it to Vegas and neeed to know how to use it well before March. Can anyone offer to give me a hands on lesson which I will pay for or know someone who is teaching classes within a four hour drive of the Thousand Islands (Kingston Ontario). It would be greattly appreciate . Thanks, Karen Laing :D
Karen Laing aka arcticlass
Stephie

Post by Stephie »

Karen,
Have you gone through the tutorials? They cover a great deal.
Stephie
Stephie
Karen Laing

Post by Karen Laing »

Stevie,
Unfortunately it does not approach my learning style using the tutorials. I have tried, but not with a great amount of success other than very basic with creating my own designs. So if someone would be willing to gives some hands on it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, kl
Nancy Juhasz

Post by Nancy Juhasz »

Hi, There is a learning curve with it. They have a board that you can ask any questions you need about it. You will find the discussion group under the help menu. Did you do the tutorial step by step? I think it is very hands on. When you do the tutorial if you have a question I think if you go too the discussion group someone will answer your question. The man that teaches GE2000 in Las Vegas is on the discussion group. He is in California.
Nanc
Karen Laing

Post by Karen Laing »

Nanc,
Thanks for getting back to me. I did take out my manual again and did start working through. I am not particularly linear in my thinking. I did find the group and have tried to read through the many posts.

Once I come down from the studio tour next Monday I will start working on it earnestly. I really like the abilties that it will provide me in giving clients different designs, costing re-sizing etc.

Will let you know how I fare. Muchos gracias!!! kl