A different credit question

The forum for discussion on business aspects of working with glass.

Moderator: Brad Walker

gone

A different credit question

Post by gone »

Hi All,

Just finished my last show of the season this weekend! I felt so free until Andrea, my wet-blanket-14-year-old, suggested I see this as a job loss!
Anyway, my question is; how long do you hang on to your credit receipts? I can't imagine a chargeback after more than a month or two, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. They are taking up some significant space and I would like to start shredding them.
Thanks for any and all advice!
Susan Moore

Post by Susan Moore »

I was told that I need to keep the copies for 3 years. You could call your provider just to confirm this.

Susan
Cynthia

Re: A different credit question

Post by Cynthia »

Els VandenEnde wrote:... my question is; how long do you hang on to your credit receipts? I can't imagine a chargeback after more than a month or two, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. They are taking up some significant space and I would like to start shredding them.
First off, how fabulous that your problem is too many reciepts to store :lol: .

I had a dispute that came up a (if I remember correctly) 3 months after the sale. It took me another three months to get it resolved. My business name for my merchant services differs from my "doing business as" name, so the customer didn't recognize it for the purchase she had made. Anyway...for accounting and tax purposes (IRS #-o ) you need to keep them for at least 5 years...or so says my accountant.
dee

Re: A different credit question

Post by dee »

Els VandenEnde wrote:Hi All,

Just finished my last show of the season this weekend! I felt so free until Andrea, my wet-blanket-14-year-old, suggested I see this as a job loss!
Anyway, my question is; how long do you hang on to your credit receipts? I can't imagine a chargeback after more than a month or two, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. They are taking up some significant space and I would like to start shredding them.
LOl time to rent some storage space for the business paperwork? ;)
D
Dee Janssen
Unicorn's Creations Studio
http://ucjewelry.com
dee@ucjewelry.com
Judd

Post by Judd »

The paperwork from my credit card company said only 14 months. Sure glad I am a pack-rat, and thought I should hold on to them a little longer.

Judd
Doug Randall

Post by Doug Randall »

Els, That Andie is just too cute....and she's got her "teenage" priorities right in order...Actually, I would put her to work scanning your reciepts onto disks, that might solve that storage problem. Otherwise....another great use for all that extra room is Kenny's shop...Hehehehe!
(don't tell him I said that!)

8)