Sand Cloud help?

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

PDXBarbara

Sears

Post by PDXBarbara »

Checked out VAC-36... outta my league pricey... I'll check again at Sears for the HEPA... Last time I checked there, the sales guy said they didn't have them. Thanks, Tony.
Barbara
Barbara Bader
PDXBarbara

Post by PDXBarbara »

Great image in my mind of the sucking monster, Mike... Lighting tips appreciated too, I'll have to try some of the methods you guys have used.
barbara
Barbara Bader
Tony Smith

Post by Tony Smith »

Barbara,

If you have a real Shop Vac, you can buy the Clean Stream HEPA filters from them directly at http://www.shopvac.com/dev/catalog/detail.asp?id=320

Tony
The tightrope between being strange and being creative is too narrow to walk without occasionally landing on both sides..." Scott Berkun
Linda Matteson

sand cloud

Post by Linda Matteson »

Barb,

I was looking at Harbor Freight's Blasting cabinets, compressors, etc. What model do you have and what size compressor are you using? I'm just beginning and am learning lots just observing the bulletin responses.
Thanks in advance.
Linda
Nickie Jordan

Post by Nickie Jordan »

Barbra,
I forgot to mention that I've used some duct tape on the 'draft' hole - taped off half of it - seems to create better suction that way. - Nickie
PDXBarbara

Re: sand cloud

Post by PDXBarbara »

Hi Linda... Don't remember the number etc. offhand. But it's the big red one that is often on sale for $199. It's an older compressor , Sears Craftsman, that I bought off a guy in my old studio. It works fine, but it's dreadfully noisy. Let me know if you want more specific info.
And you're right about this board. I've learned -- continue to learn-- huge amounts from many of our fellow warmglass.commies.
Best, Barbara
Linda Matteson wrote:Barb,

I was looking at Harbor Freight's Blasting cabinets, compressors, etc. What model do you have and what size compressor are you using? I'm just beginning and am learning lots just observing the bulletin responses.
Thanks in advance.
Linda
Barbara Bader
PDXBarbara

Post by PDXBarbara »

Right!
BB
Tony Smith wrote:Barbara,

If you have a real Shop Vac, you can buy the Clean Stream HEPA filters from them directly at http://www.shopvac.com/dev/catalog/detail.asp?id=320

Tony
Barbara Bader