New works in Warm Glass Gallery

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

Brad Walker
Site Admin

New works in Warm Glass Gallery

Post by Brad Walker »

Just a brief note to mention that I've added 20 new works to the Warm Glass Gallery. You can check it out here: http://www.warmglass.org/gallery/Gallery1.htm
Amy on Salt Spring

Post by Amy on Salt Spring »

Awesome work, really good stuff--Brad I can't see the closeup of the "Zen Tree"--broken picture icon only.
Amy
Brad Walker
Site Admin

Post by Brad Walker »

Amy on Salt Spring wrote:Brad I can't see the closeup of the "Zen Tree"--broken picture icon only.
Fixed it. Thanks.
Dani

Re: New works in Warm Glass Gallery

Post by Dani »

Brad Walker wrote:Just a brief note to mention that I've added 20 new works to the Warm Glass Gallery. You can check it out here: http://www.warmglass.org/gallery/Gallery1.htm
Did you lose my three slides of the wall jewels that I sent along with my conference donation? :(
Amy Schleif-Mohr

Post by Amy Schleif-Mohr »

Really nice work. It's great to see some pieces that others are doing. Keep it up everyone!

Amy
Erik Brown

Post by Erik Brown »

Brad Walker wrote:
Amy on Salt Spring wrote:Brad I can't see the closeup of the "Zen Tree"--broken picture icon only.
Fixed it. Thanks.
I get the same broken picture icon on "Invitation 2"
Brad Walker
Site Admin

Post by Brad Walker »

Fixed it, too.

Mr. Goodwrench
Brad Walker
Site Admin

Re: New works in Warm Glass Gallery

Post by Brad Walker »

Dani wrote:
Brad Walker wrote:Just a brief note to mention that I've added 20 new works to the Warm Glass Gallery. You can check it out here: http://www.warmglass.org/gallery/Gallery1.htm
Did you lose my three slides of the wall jewels that I sent along with my conference donation? :(
Nope, just ran out of space. I'll probably have another update coming in another month or so. I hadn't updated the gallery in half a year, so had quite a backlog. I'm still working my way through it.
Jackie Beckman

Post by Jackie Beckman »

Brock, I'm interested in the colors you used on your combed piece. I don't recognize some of them. Is that the new coral I see in there? and what else? I know you've got fr van (or dense white?) and black and red, but some didn't look familer. I did a double take at the name - couldn't have guessed it was yours with all those colors! What happened??
Brock

Post by Brock »

Jackie Beckman wrote:Brock, I'm interested in the colors you used on your combed piece. I don't recognize some of them. Is that the new coral I see in there? and what else? I know you've got fr van (or dense white?) and black and red, but some didn't look familer. I did a double take at the name - couldn't have guessed it was yours with all those colors! What happened??
That piece is from 1984. I gave it to a friend, and he just gave it back saying he never liked it! He does however, want a piece to replace it.

It was a 2+ layer bowl, but I slumped it flast and added another clear base w/big beads, that you can see in the close-up. Thanks for asking.
My memory is so good, I can't remember the last time I forgot something . . .
Jackie Beckman

Post by Jackie Beckman »

That piece is from 1984. I gave it to a friend, and he just gave it back saying he never liked it! He does however, want a piece to replace it.
Haha! That's so funny!
The Hobbyist

Post by The Hobbyist »

My favorite of all the new pieces is the pink PB platter by Brock.

Brock, what color (BE # ?) is the pink? It is amazingly bright. It reminds me of that day-glo pink that we used back in the late fifties. I also like the uniformity and crispness of the PBs, especially the yellow dots on the ends. I wish there was a closer view. How did you do the dots? Are they part of the PB or were they added when the platter was made?

Now I'm interested in trying PBs again.

Thanks..................................Jim
Brock

Post by Brock »

Thanks very much Jim. I've had that pink for ages, I think it was 301.
You have a good eye, the yellow spots are BE rods that I nipped to length and put into interstices in the PB. I've been seeing many people , Lisa for one, doing interesting PB work, and I decided to play with them myself.

When I started fusing. I took a bunch of courses, and tried a bunch of techniques, and while I understood, and could do then, I hadn't explored them at any depth. I just bought a whack of colour yesterday, and intend to develop a whole new body of work. The primary impetus was seeing what Alyssa Oxley did with PBs at Corning.
Brock

Post by Brock »

That cast teapot(s) by Hugh McKay is pretty tremendous.
Reminds me of burnished clay. Brock
Colin & Helen

Post by Colin & Helen »

Brock wrote:That cast teapot(s) by Hugh McKay is pretty tremendous.
Yes just like 'Terra-sigillata' ...Colin
Brock

Post by Brock »

Colin & Helen wrote:
Brock wrote:That cast teapot(s) by Hugh McKay is pretty tremendous.
Yes just like 'Terra-sigillata' ...Colin
I had to look that up. Yes, you're right. Brock