Circle Cutters

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Shralizy

Circle Cutters

Post by Shralizy »

Hi All, I am looking for a circle cutter that can cut very small clean circles, say 1/2" to 1" in diameter. I saw one demo'ed at the BE factory and can't recall the make.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Mary Ruble
[/i]
Brock

Post by Brock »

Fletcher Turret Cutter. There are other brands also. Brock
My memory is so good, I can't remember the last time I forgot something . . .
Jim Wixon

Post by Jim Wixon »

The Silberschnitt circle cutter is wonderful!!! It is not cheap but it is a pleasure to use. It is probably the cutter you saw demonstrated at BE,and is available from the BE Connection. The small and the large models of the Silberschnitt are worth the investment if you cut a lot of circles. Also,the replacement trailing head will fit most other brands of beam circle cutters.
cheers...jim
Brock

Post by Brock »

Jim Wixon wrote:The Silberschnitt circle cutter is wonderful!!! It is not cheap but it is a pleasure to use. It is probably the cutter you saw demonstrated at BE,and is available from the BE Connection. The small and the large models of the Silberschnitt are worth the investment if you cut a lot of circles. Also,the replacement trailing head will fit most other brands of beam circle cutters. cheers...jim
I agree the Silberschnitt is superior but $75.00 vs $275.00. Brock
Shralizy

Post by Shralizy »

I have the 24" Silberschnitt for larger circles. Is there a smaller one that cuts as little as 1/2" circles? The cutter I saw at BE did not look at all like mine. It was a system used to cut concentric circles up to 6" or so (?). I think it was around $275. If I can find something to do the job for cheaper I would like to! I'm just curious as to what it was I saw. I went to BE concection and couldn't find it.

Thanks for your help,

Mary Ruble
Brock

Post by Brock »

Mary Ruble wrote:I have the 24" Silberschnitt for larger circles. Is there a smaller one that cuts as little as 1/2" circles? The cutter I saw at BE did not look at all like mine. It was a system used to cut concentric circles up to 6" or so (?). I think it was around $275. If I can find something to do the job for cheaper I would like to! I'm just curious as to what it was I saw. I went to BE concection and couldn't find it.

Thanks for your help,

Mary Ruble
Yes, Silberschnitt makes their version of the turret cutter. Very well made, but pricey. It's in "Tools" in the Bullseye catalogue.

Google for Fletcher Turret Cutter. Brock
Shralizy

Post by Shralizy »

Thanks Brock, The Fletcher small circle cutter looks like it will do the trick.

Mary Ruble
Cher

one more....

Post by Cher »

http://www.lincolnglass.com/index.cfm?p ... itemSearch

http://www.delphiglass.com/index.cfm?pa ... st&stage=2

"Cuts precise circles from 3/8" to 5" diameter. Comes with 3-wheel cutting head for long life. Excellent for cutting lots of sun-catchers, holiday ornaments and medallions. Replacement cutting wheels available."

on sale at Lincoln s g now. I've used mine for years. Living in "cherryland", I've done a lot of cherries with it and it's been great.
Yo
>^..^<