New show, last show...new work.

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

Cynthia

New show, last show...new work.

Post by Cynthia »

I am exhibiting in my final show with this line of work (or so that is my intention). Here are a few pieces of new work made up for this exhibit.

I'm really having a lot of fun with this series.

Look at "New Work... Whimsies" and "New Work... Mosaiks" if you are interested. Lots of dupes in the Mosaiks, and all the pics are poor quality, but it gives you an idea of the evolution within the Whimsies series. Once I get professional shots done, I'll update my website...til then, it's Webshots :)

Thanks for taking a peek

http://community.webshots.com/user/oliverarts
Claudia Whitten

Post by Claudia Whitten »

Hi Cynthia,
I checked out your new work. I like the mosaiks the best. I have been wondering what you have been up to. Ogden, huh, I could see that in them. I had to laugh at your picture in the snow. I tried that on finishing up a roll of slides. Now,I know what to expect. I am getting a digital camera this weekend and working on new pieces to photograph. Hopefully before too long I will have some photos to share. As soon as I learn all this new equipment...........I like your colors choice in the Mosaik Series....Claudia
Don Burt

Post by Don Burt »

I like 'Zipped'. Strange little puposeful figures.
rodney

Post by rodney »

excellent work, all the way around,,,thanks for posting it
rodney
Dayle Ann

Post by Dayle Ann »

Cynthia, your style and approach are very inspiring to me as a newbie to fusing. These are wonderful. I look forward to seeing more. The photos make me want to hold them and run my fingers over them, hedonist that I am. I'd love to be able to look over your shoulder as you build them. So much to learn...

Dayle Ann
Cynthia

Post by Cynthia »

Thanks all for the kind remarks.

The show is in Ogden, Claudia. A two person show with the 2-D person doing highly precise paper cut collage work of wildlife. Very colorful and suprising work. Very exacting...juxtaposed against my loose, anything but tight, nilly approach to design. This should be a vibrant and fun exhibit. The mosaics aren't really a fit (in my opinion) but they wanted a few anyway. It's their show and I figure they will hang it all nicely. Now if they could just sell it all, that would be the icing on the cake. :wink:

Those strange purposeful little figures DB are what I am having such a blast with. They start walking all around the piece when they sprout legs. Each move informs the next and I am letting the little guys tell me what needs to happen next.

Thanks Rodney and Dayle Ann for the postive input. I too am wanting to touch and taste and hold up to the light...
Nikki ONeill

Post by Nikki ONeill »

Cynthia: Excellent work. I especially love the mosaics...texture (wish I could touch), really appealing balanced composition, color, shape, everything. Your customers will have very hard time choosing.
Nikki
Cynthia

Post by Cynthia »

Nikki O'Neill wrote:Cynthia: Excellent work. I especially love the mosaics...texture (wish I could touch), really appealing balanced composition, color, shape, everything. Your customers will have very hard time choosing.
Nikki
Thanks Nikki,

The mosaics have lots of different textures collectively. Some with irid up, others are capped and glossy, yet others are sandblasted then finished matte. I seem to want to lick those :-s ...but I resist the temptation.

Mr. Disappointed Collector has actually earmarked two of the Whimsies, so it looks like some more work will have a home in McLean, VA. The Happy Collector is waffling, but is leaning toward one. I'm suprised either liked what I sent them since the images are so bad...We'll see.

I told mr. disappointed that the new work will have the same sensibilities, it just wont be big bowls. He is less disappointed now. :lol:
twinkler2

Post by twinkler2 »

Cynthia-
I loved your work - The mosaic pieces are just fabulous and the Whimsies series is definetly inspiring. I like the bright color choices
Thanks for sharing- I hope I can one of your shows some day- so I can touch it. I promise to be careful:)

Me Kim