will I lose a finger!

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

Vickie

will I lose a finger!

Post by Vickie »

I'm waiting to receive my Tauras 3 ring saw, which I have no experience using, and am wondering if I have to be really careful as to if it cuts through skin! No, really!!! I have had a home-made manicure using my grinder by accident, so I'm just wondering if this thing can buzz through my finger. Brock, I await your answer!!!!!!!!
Your friend,
Vickie
Brock

Post by Brock »

I don't have one of those, I'm a fan of the tile saws. But I don't think your finger is in danger. Diamond blades and wire saws "grind" through glass, and you can actually touch the blade while it's running and not cut yourself. But don't!
My memory is so good, I can't remember the last time I forgot something . . .
jim simmons

Post by jim simmons »

Brock wrote:I don't have one of those, I'm a fan of the tile saws. But I don't think your finger is in danger. Diamond blades and wire saws "grind" through glass, and you can actually touch the blade while it's running and not cut yourself. But don't!
What Brock said EXCEPT it WILL cut your fingernail. It likes hard things :twisted:

Jim
Mira

Post by Mira »

Hey, Vickie, glad to hear it's on the way. It won't cut you, but I've found that the little shards it kicks out will make microscopic holes in your hands if you play for too long. Easy to remedy though - where gloves that protect your hands and wrists. I use dish washing gloves.

Have fun!!

Mira
Judy Schnabel

Post by Judy Schnabel »

And keep your mouth shut :D

Judy