New Klin landed today

This forum is for questions from newcomers to kiln-forming.

Moderator: Tony Smith

Sobrien

New Klin landed today

Post by Sobrien »

Well my wife and I are brand new to glass and can't wait to get started. The good / great news is that we live in Winston Salem NC about 15 mins from Brad Walkers shop. Brad has been awesome to deal / talk with and we already have signed up for (2) classes with him. Ele gets hooked up next Tuesday and then we get started. For a guy wanting to learn about bottles I certainly have purchased a lot of materials for fusing and slumping we can't wait to get started. First kiln is a 18" square from Olympic ( thanks again to Brad and warm glass). I'm also a wood worker and look forward to fusing these art forms together.
Don Burt

Re: New Klin landed today

Post by Don Burt »

If all goes according to tradition, in a matter of months the Olympic will be refered to as your 'first kiln', rather than your 'new kiln'. Have some fun with it and please share with us the results in the photo section.
bob proulx

Post by bob proulx »

Don is correct, That was my first kiln, my new kiln is the 25" clam shell by Olympic, Have fun.
Bob
Sobrien

Post by Sobrien »

Ok you guys were correct just ordered my 2nd Kiln this past weekend from Brad Walker. Going big 25 x 25 inside by 13 1/2" tall. Warm Glass is a great group of people to deal with for any glass needs. :D
bob proulx

Post by bob proulx »

That did not take long, enjoy the new toy.
Bob
Joe Wokovich

Post by Joe Wokovich »

Yep, right on track. Be sure to leave enough room for the next one. It happens..

Joe
“If you tell me, I will forget.
If you show me, I will remember.
If you let me do it, I will understand."

And then tomorrow I can start all over again