large wall panel lighting

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

tonyroberts

large wall panel lighting

Post by tonyroberts »

Hi - it's good to be back, I've not visited here for too many years...

I have a lighting problem, and wondered if anyone knew of a product to fit this requirement.

I will be hanging A1-sized kiln-carved and cast panels in a number of reception areas. These locations all have the same dark design: no windows, chrome, minimal lighting, huge black glass reception desk, black granite floor... you get the idea. The panels are to be cable-hung about two inches away from a black leather wall. I need to backlight them from the ceiling or the top of the wall, about 3 feet above the hangings - ideally with a bright curtain of white light positioned to graze the back of the glass but shine nowhere else.

Do you know of a possible source of supply, anywhere? Else I'll have to get them custom-made :(

Tony
Cheryl

Re: large wall panel lighting

Post by Cheryl »

write to Mike Dupille - he has (I believe) used some back-panel LED lighting. Also look for architectural glass folks - they frequently have lighting issues.
"Every artist was first an amateur."

--Ralph Waldo Emerson
Bert Weiss

Re: large wall panel lighting

Post by Bert Weiss »

Look in to the sign industry. They make stuff. There are sheets of plastic that glow with light. They are expensive and the brightness will fade with time.
Bert

Bert Weiss Art Glass*
http://www.customartglass.com
Furniture Lighting Sculpture Tableware
Architectural Commissions