Layering colors to make new colors

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

Valerie Adams

Layering colors to make new colors

Post by Valerie Adams »

I watched the Online Education video lesson on Bullseye's site, and decided to make the samples for future reference. Using the principles of CMYK color mixing and layering over 10 transparent and 10 opal glasses result in 40 new colors. Obviously there are many more colors that can be created but this was a fun start.
Transparent
Transparent
Opal
Opal
Stephen Richard

Re: Layering colors to make new colors

Post by Stephen Richard »

You've made me think of holding a workshop on making colour samples. Thnaks
Steve Richard
You can view my Blog at: http://verrier-glass.blogspot.com/
twin vision glass

Post by twin vision glass »

Although alot of work Valerie ,( and way to go !) it is a wonderful reference for you to actually create and know what you will be able to blend and mix to have the exact (well almost) colour pallette. (and to have an extended colour pallette allows for more creativity. ) A video is wonderful to watch but to actually do the hard long time work is so important. It is the best way to actually understand it yourself by doing the hard work to experiment. I always feel experimenting is the best medicine. Well done.
Leslie
Give out Free Hugs!
DonMcClennen

Post by DonMcClennen »

Good work Valerie.. Colour mixing charts (for paint mixing) are usually set up with the dominant colours up the left border and across the bottom border... then you can go across from one colour on left and up from another colour on bottom and the mixed results would be where they meet. This would be somewhat more informative if you wished to help others with your experiments. Of course the proportions of each being mixed would also alter results. =D>
"The Glassman"
Valerie Adams

Post by Valerie Adams »

I should be clear: the color combos were from Bullseye's video. They did the legwork to come up with this first group of colors. I simply wrote down the info and made the tiles for my reference. I've sorted them from light to dark on my studio display board.