Bottle labels and care directions for buyers

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Uncle Jabba

Bottle labels and care directions for buyers

Post by Uncle Jabba »

Hello:

I have read many posts that indicate that you can affix the labels or photos to the back of bottles with decoupage. My question is do you then spray or brush some sort of clear acrylic spray over the decoupage? I don't want someone to go and put their piece into a sink or dishwasher and have the label or image wash off the back. Or, do you have care instructions that go with the bottle ie: "do not immerse in water, do not put in dishwasher, wipe top clean with damp cloth".

Also, for affixing the labels or photo’s to the back of the bottles I had considered using “spray mount artist’s adhesiveâ€
Uncle Jabba

Post by Uncle Jabba »

A reply/question to my own post....OR, do you sell most of your bottles with no label or image...Just the bottle itself?
Nancy Juhasz

Post by Nancy Juhasz »

Hello, I sell the bottles with and without labels. I do attach a flyer with care instructions with each bottle. They include do not put in dishwasher, and do not submerge in water. I would think this is a no brainer but you never know so I do include instructions.
Nanc