Where on the EAST coast to buy Bullseye and supplies?

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

deborahbur

Where on the EAST coast to buy Bullseye and supplies?

Post by deborahbur »

Is there anywhere on the EAST coast to buy fusing supplies........seems you all are on the West coast!
Bert Weiss

Re: Where on the EAST coast to buy Bullseye and supplies?

Post by Bert Weiss »

deborahbur wrote:Is there anywhere on the EAST coast to buy fusing supplies........seems you all are on the West coast!
We are well populated here in the east. Center de Verre in NH carries BE (Link on sponsors above). I haven't been there in years, but I imagine that Whittemore Durgin is still in business. Rainbow Art Glass in NJ is a good wholesaler. SA Bendheim in NJ, Hudson Art Glass in NY
Bert

Bert Weiss Art Glass*
http://www.customartglass.com
Furniture Lighting Sculpture Tableware
Architectural Commissions
Tony Smith

Post by Tony Smith »

I just visited Marty Daily of Centre de Verre in Allenstown, NH, and he stocks a lot of Bullseye's fusible glass as well as all of their molds, frits, kilnwash and other supplies. He also stocks kilns, shelves, controllers, torches and and bead supplies.

He's about twenty minutes outside of Manchester, NH.

Beyond that, you'll have to visit stained glass shops and ask what fusible glass they carry. Dave at Metrowest Stained Glass in Framingham stocks a bunch of BE in hobby sheet sizes. He also sells kilnwash, and some hanovia metallics. In a week, he can get most of the Evenheat kilns, and usually has one or two 8" AIM kilns in stock.

Tony
The tightrope between being strange and being creative is too narrow to walk without occasionally landing on both sides..." Scott Berkun
Jerry

Fusable stuff

Post by Jerry »

I run a stained glass shop along the coast of Maine (Bert knows where) and I can't find anyone within a four hour drive that stocks what I use. So I rely on the places already mentioned as well as "Sunshine" in Buffalo. All of them have a great trun around time such that if someone wants something I haven't got in stock I can order it pretty quick. Now, if I can do it in this part of the frozen north, other places can do it as well.

If you ask, and if you support one retailer a lot, you'll be surprised how well they cooperate.

Jerry
Sonje

Post by Sonje »

Deborah,
Check out Centre de Verre's website! Pam Damon, another Maine fuser, and I have make a trip to Marty's every 2 month's or so to pick up glass and supplies! He's got a great selection of Bullseye, CBS dichro (Uroboros and BE), molds, frit, rods, etc. I actually drove my car into his loading dock and picked up my new Jen-Ken 24" kiln on the last trip! I've been quite satisfied with everything! Good luck! Sonje
Pam Damon

Post by Pam Damon »

Marty at Centre DeVerre is great!! Sonje and I have made a couple of "road trip" to buy. You will love the selection and the information that you get from Marty is like spending a day at a workshop. Good prices too.
Linda Hassur

Post by Linda Hassur »

If you are in the SE and buying wholesale, ArtGlass House in Cocoa, Fl is a good supplier. Linda
Bill Bromage

Post by Bill Bromage »

Marty at CDV in NH has just about everything I have needed in the way of glass supplies. I also purchased my kiln from him a few months back and he has been a wealth of information for me. He's just a short trip from W MA where I'm from and also ships to me (usually the next day). I'd give him an A-plus.
Betty

Post by Betty »

Warner-crivellaro in allentown Pa is fast

http://WWW.Warner-Criv.com.

Do a search under 96-*

there are all kinds of things. the warm glass is only on the internet but they are putting out a new catologe soon.