Warm Glass Conference 2003

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Vickie

Hot Glass weekend

Post by Vickie »

Hi,
What the heck is involved with the Hot Glass Weekend? I live in Indiana,
tell me about it!!!!!!!!!!!
Vickie
Ross

Post by Ross »

Do you know the 'official' name of this the Quality Suites Hotel? I assume that it is closer to Reagan than it is to Dulles?

Thanks,
Ross
Diane

Post by Diane »

Has there been any talk about the possiblity of Scholarships for the WGW? If so , what is the application process?
[-o<
Will bribes help... :twisted:
:idea: hmmm...Maine=Lobsters.....hmmmmm
Talents

Post by Talents »

Dear Brad,
I sent one message about the 2003 Glass Weekend with a request for any new info and class schedules. I'm sending a second in case I didn't go thru the correct channel with the first one!!! :D Can't tell I'm excited can you? =D> I will look forward to new info. I did receive your original email concerning the event.
Thanks for all your hard work. I sure do appreciate it and will support it with my attendance at the conference. I'm bringing my husband too. We already have the time blocked out on the calendar.
Thanks,
Lisa Reeves (Talents)
Jeri D

Post by Jeri D »

:lol: I've already had calls from some former classmates about going and we are ready to wagon train down. I am sooooo excited it is going to be on the East coast( like Bert, I could drive!)
Can't wait to see what demo's you are going to have and to meet all the fabulously helpful and talented people on this board. Thanks again Brad

MV Jeri
Talents

Post by Talents »

Ross,
Reagan airport is definitely closer to Arlington than Dulles. Also, there is a pretty good metro system in that area. So probably depending where everything is located a car might not be necessary. If you need more info I can probably find out the metro website.
Lisa