fusers in N.W. Indiana

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Vickie

fusers in N.W. Indiana

Post by Vickie »

I'd like o connect with any fusers in the N.W. Indiana area...just to have a cup of java and talk hot glass!! I think there are not that many of us in this area. I am currently trying to get a web-site together to sell some jewelry etc, and would like to get a vote of what to call myself. The top three names I've come up with are as follows..#1 A Hot Piece of Glass...#2 A Payne in the Glass, #3 The Melt Shop. All of these make me laugh..Tee hee!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any thoughts or votes will be considered!
Thanks,
Vickie
Mike Byers

Post by Mike Byers »

There are a couple of us fusing fiends in Warren County, which is not too far away, and Sharon Owens at Inspired Fire (just west of Lafayette) is now offering a basic fusing course. I taught the first class a couple of weeks ago and we had a good reponse, so maybe we'll see more people becoming involved in fusing. If you'd like to get together sometime, send me an e-mail or give me a call at (765) 893-4793. I'll be glad to introduce you to the people I know.