Warm Glass -- your source for information
about glass fusing, slumping, kiln-forming, casting, and more.
WARM GLASS MAGNET EXCHANGE
The 2005 Magnet Exchange
Rules, Regulations, and Guidelines
More details will be posted as necessary on the Magnet Exchange Bulletin Board.
1) Sign-up has closed. We are still accepting Alternates. Email Barbara Cashman at firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Entry Fee: $25, non-refundable. This will be collected after your entry has been accepted. The fee covers return shipping costs (you are responsible for shipping completed magnets to the coordinator, this fees covers returning the Exchange magnets to you). At this time we do not expect an adjustment for International shipments to be necessary. Once you are notified that your entry has been accepted (you win the lottery!), you will be asked for a check or credit card information to cover the entry fee. Receipt of the entry fee by the deadline guarantees your place in the exchange. The entry fee for the Alternates will be refunded, however, if they are not included in the final roster.
Payment: Checks in US currency are preferred. Make them to Barbara Cashman, PO Box 36566, Greensboro NC 27416-6566. Credit card payment is possible for international entrants or for those who can't send checks. Contact Brad Walker at email@example.com for more details on credit card payments.
All funds will be deposited in a special fund to cover the cost of the exchange and the Prize Money!
3) Magless Minimum: 1 inch by 1 inch. Maximum 2 inch by 2 inch. Any shape. Magnets do not need to be square. All entries must include some form of warm glass work (fusing, casting, etc.). They can be any shape desired -- round, square, rectangular, irregular. To minimize shipping cost, actual magnets are not necessary, as recipients will attach their own if desired. (That's where the name "magless" comes from.)
4) Quantity: 101 magless per entrant. 100 will be used for the swap, one extra (for breakage if necessary), to be auctioned off with proceeds going to the warm glass scholarship fund.
5) Jurying: The talents of the Warm Glass community are practically endless. The entrants will not be juried. However, in the spirit of acknowledgement of what effort is entailed to participate, prizes will be offered for three entrants. These will be selected by a panel of judges to be selected by the Coordinator. All three winning entrants will receive a prize of $100. (US currency).
Entry signup - Closed
Receipt of Entry Fee: Nov 15
Receipt of Magless: Feb 15
Announcement of winners: March 1
7) All email communication will be sent to Barbara at firstname.lastname@example.org
8) Details may be adjusted as necessary prior to completion of the exchange, and will be posted immediately on the Warm Glass bulletin board forum dedicated to the Magless 2005.
Thank you. Please address all questions to Barbara at email@example.com and let's HAVE FUN!!!!