Warm Glass -- your source for information
about glass fusing, slumping, kiln-forming, casting, and more.
WARM GLASS MAGNET EXCHANGE
Rules, Regulations, and Guidelines
More details will be posted as necessary on the Magnet Exchange Bulletin Board.
The 2007 coordinator will be Terri Jones.
1) Signup, which was from October 23rd until October 28th, is now complete. If you missed the signup, but are still interested in participating, please contact the coordinator to see if you can be added as an alternate.
2) Entry Fee: $25, non-refundable. This will be collected after your entry has been accepted and is due to us by November 18th. The fee covers return shipping costs (you are responsible for shipping completed magnets to the coordinator, this fees covers returning the Exchange magnets to you). At this time we do not expect an adjustment for International shipments to be necessary. Once you are notified that your entry has been accepted, you will be asked for a check or credit card information to cover the entry fee. Receipt of the entry fee by the deadline guarantees your place in the exchange. Alternates will have seven (7) days from notification to provide payment to secure their placement.
3) Minimum size: 1 inch by 1 inch (25mm x 25mm). Maximum size: 2 inch by 2 inch (50mm x 50mm). Magnets do not need to be square. All entries must include some form of kiln-formed glass work (fusing, casting, etc.). They can be any shape desired -- round, square, rectangular, irregular -- so long as the shape conforms to the size limitations above. To minimize shipping cost, actual magnets are not necessary, as recipients will attach their own if desired. (That's where the name "magless" comes from.)
4) Upon completion, maglesses are to be bagged in plastic bags appropriately sized for your magless and labeled with your name and entry number on the outside of the bag. Signing your magless with an engraver or glass paint is recommended.
5) Quantity: 126 magless per entrant. 125 will be used for the swap, one extra (for breakage if necessary) or to be auctioned off with proceeds going to the Warm Glass scholarship fund. This quantity may be adjusted slightly based on the number of participants.
Entry signup Ė Oct. 23rd
until Oct. 28th.
6) If you have any questions you can post them on the Magnet Exchange bulletin board or you can email your coordinator at any time. Terri email address is Terri@warmglass.org.
7) Details may be adjusted as necessary prior to completion of the exchange, and will be posted immediately on the Warm Glass bulletin board forum dedicated to the Magless 2007. This board is located at: http://www.warmglass.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=17
Thank you. Letís have a great exchange!