Paragon Caldera

Post here with questions and topics relating to making glass jewelry.

Moderators: Tony Smith, Brad Walker

vbrazzell

Paragon Caldera

Post by vbrazzell »

Would anyone have a paragon caldera? I am new to everything. I started with a microwave kiln and I have purchased a paragon caldera and it's not the digital and I kind of wish that I had spent the extra on it but it's okay. I'm finding that it takes a about 40 to 45 min to get to 500 degrees. I have to kind of sit there and watch it for the time I am fusing. I found a fusing schedule for glass pendants and I'm not sure what type of kiln the author is using.

Also, would anyone have any suggestions on DVD's that I could buy or see on youtube for a person who is a beginner? I have been experimenting a little but I would like to learn techniques. I live in a town where there is no place to go for any classes or to buy any supplies.

It's so many things I want to do, I guess that I'm anxious and I know that it takes time.

Thank you for any input that you all may have
Stephen Richard

Re: Paragon Caldera

Post by Stephen Richard »

Look at the tutorial on this website. It will give you a lot of the information you need
Steve Richard
You can view my Blog at: http://verrier-glass.blogspot.com/
vbrazzell

Post by vbrazzell »

Thank you S. Richard
Valerie Adams

Post by Valerie Adams »

If you're ramping your Caldera up on HIGH, I don't think it should take over an hour to reach 500°. I'd contact Paragon, they're most helpful.
JestersBaubles

Post by JestersBaubles »

I like the Bullseye Videos. They offer some free of charge, plus there is the subscription. It is $39 annually, but I think they are worth it:

http://www.bullseyeglass.com/education/ ... e25e2983c3

Dana W.
Gerry669

Post by Gerry669 »

I realize I'm a little late with my comments, but.... I bought my wife a Paragon Caldera for her silver clay, then thought of some glass, and we needed a controller. I bought a programmable controller and SCR from Auber instruments, used the leads from the thermocouple already in the kiln, wired it per Auber's diagram, and now we have a Caldera with a controller.

Contact me if i can be of any help, should you want to try this.