Suicide, along with all other hot topics.

This forum focuses on the artistic "why" and "what" more than the technical "how". Put more philosophical (but still art and glass related) posts here.

Moderator: Tony Smith

Haydo

Suicide, along with all other hot topics.

Post by Haydo »

I'm almost compelled to self destruction by leaning this way. At the moment I'm working on a piece dealing with mental illness well before this. A young man who I've worked with in Nauru has ended his time with us in flesh. Changed the wording previously used when a stack of books decided to go belly up in study/box. We sing about it, we avoid it, we are afraid of it!! So many causes, so little time. I don't make much, but I'm always pushing for work that clearly tries to unravel my mind's thoughts.I have to admit that today I cried for this vibrant young man and felt only a portion of the pain that his father must be going through who also is a fellow workmate at Nauru. WTF is going on??? Why is it happening?? I ask this because we all know that mankind has been through it all!!
love and peace, haydo
Life is like a raft, so be like a rat!...Challenging being a captain type rat though, going down with each ship and all!!
JestersBaubles

Re: Suicide, along with all other hot topics.

Post by JestersBaubles »

I'm sorry for your loss. It's impossible to understand why people do the things they do.

I am fortunate to have a job I love with a good stable company, so I have been there 17 years. We've had two people during that time take their life. It sent the office reeling both times. One of the guys took his life on a beautiful fall day in October, and even now, many years later, there will be a crisp clear fall day in October when I think about him.

Dana W.
Nina Falk

Post by Nina Falk »

I am sorry for your losses, both of you. So difficult to understand why someone would do something so final. We are left with puzzles. Don't try too hard to figure it out. Send love to the family. Enjoy your life. Again, I'm sorry.
Michele gh

Post by Michele gh »

We each hold on to our life with such tenacity, it is horrifying when someone throws it away. Mental illnesses, brain tumors, or substances issues can all be culprits. Those left behind are always left with painful questions. I am sorry for your loss, Haydo.
Haydo

Post by Haydo »

Thanks all for your concern. I ran into the father who was flown back to Australia. Total mess as can be expected. The only positive from it all is that it has given me more incentive to get my latest project finished on time. The father is like a pied piper to children in Nauru who go swimming at the community boat harbour, teaching them to bomb dive and skid on the slippery concrete. Just hoping for him to come out stronger at some stage.
peace, haydo
Life is like a raft, so be like a rat!...Challenging being a captain type rat though, going down with each ship and all!!
Nina Falk

Post by Nina Falk »

He will grieve and be in some pain for the rest of his life. But clearly this man has plenty of love in his heart and purpose. That will save him.
Ed Cantarella

Post by Ed Cantarella »

Michele gh wrote:We each hold on to our life with such tenacity, it is horrifying when someone throws it away. Mental illnesses, brain tumors, or substances issues can all be culprits. Those left behind are always left with painful questions. I am sorry for your loss, Haydo.
I can only second that, makes me too f'n sad thinking about the people I knew that did that. So sorry mate. :cry:
HER last words were, "I'm melting, melting . . . " Dissenting opinions generally welcome for comic relief or personal edification. Sometimes both.