Silence

This forum focuses on the artistic "why" and "what" more than the technical "how". Put more philosophical (but still art and glass related) posts here.

Moderator: Tony Smith

Janet McFadyen

Re: Silence

Post by Janet McFadyen »

I admit I had been sucked into the facebook vortex of glass fusing...I am actually at the point now, of being overwhelmed and even bored of so many glass images on my fb wall everyday, even without going into glass sites. So I am back to warmglass. It does look to me that this site has had more topics lately. Before when I would check in, it looked as if nothing was going on here, but now I see lots interesting threads to read. It feels like coming home
facebook artist page @ Janet McFadyen's Glass
Cate G

Post by Cate G »

I have always liked WG and will read the forums, ask questions and give advice when I can for as long as it's here. I also read Lampworketc, and that site has gotten pitiful. Everyone is on FB, so I signed into one of the sites. And yes, now I get a whole slew of posts I'm not interested in. AND, you can't delete them from your wall!!! Annoying.....
Janet McFadyen

Post by Janet McFadyen »

Cate you can stop getting notifications, it will be in options.
facebook artist page @ Janet McFadyen's Glass
Cate G

Post by Cate G »

Thanks Janet. Yes I just found that out in another topic!! So I went in and changed a lot of stuff. I wish it was easier to delete something after you read it.
Cate
Mark Kemp

Post by Mark Kemp »

This board does seem to be picking up again. I'm happy to see that.
Find peace in your heart.

www.azurefire.etsy.com
S.TImmerman

Post by S.TImmerman »

I miss Brock too and and am now worried, I see he is no longer a "member" I hope its only temporary . Facebook groups Yes, there are some answers that are just plan scary; given to questions on Facebook's sites. Folks acting knowledgeable and/or authoritative - with very little experience or know how.

I started a site for "Coldworking" its only for sharing of techniques of Coldworking methods include grinding, carving, engraving, polishing, sandblasting. I think many people from around the world have been helped, and that was my goal.

Shereen
Ed Cantarella

Post by Ed Cantarella »

I like forums - the information is neatly categorized. I'm new here so I've made a slew of posts - at some point I'm sure I will go back to work and post less. But I like to "debate" :mrgreen: , so a forum is pretty good therapy for that. :lol: Forums sometimes need more categories to drive interest.

Another huge advantage forums have over FB is you can scroll down the list of posts and have something grab your attention without the mish-mash of pictures and posts that FB gives you.

As someone who has owned and ran 2 forums, I'd say that warm weather in the Northern Hemisphere (where the majority of humanity resides), generally drives forum traffic way down. If someone is on a forum, it's a good bet the weather is cruddy where they are. :)

I appreciate anyone who puts up a forum.
HER last words were, "I'm melting, melting . . . " Dissenting opinions generally welcome for comic relief or personal edification. Sometimes both.