Film Festival

This forum focuses on the artistic "why" and "what" more than the technical "how". Put more philosophical (but still art and glass related) posts here.

Moderator: Tony Smith

Greg Rawls

Film Festival

Post by Greg Rawls »

This is a bowl I made for Andie MacDowell who was honored at the recent Beaufort International Film Festival.
Attachments
Andie FB.jpg
Greg
DonMcClennen

Re: Film Festival

Post by DonMcClennen »

Very cool!! thanks for sharing. =D>
"The Glassman"
Buttercup

Post by Buttercup »

Great bowl, Greg, very appropriate theme! Clean bright colours, too. Which type are they, please, if you don't mind my asking? Jen
Greg Rawls

Post by Greg Rawls »

Buttercup wrote:Great bowl, Greg, very appropriate theme! Clean bright colours, too. Which type are they, please, if you don't mind my asking? Jen
Type = Bullseye
Greg
Buttercup

Post by Buttercup »

Wow! I looked at he edge of the bowl and came to the conclusion that they were painted. Jen
Greg Rawls

Post by Greg Rawls »

Buttercup wrote:Wow! I looked at he edge of the bowl and came to the conclusion that they were painted. Jen
No paint - all glass!
Greg
Studiodunn

Post by Studiodunn »

Love this! Stellar job! I would be proud to display that award...

There were lots of Andie MacDowell "sightings" when she was in Woodstock, IL filming Groundhog Day with Bill Murray. I lived in Woodstock at the time and watched several scenes being filmed. A friend of mine was an extra in one of the scenes. It turns out, Andie was taking horseback riding lessons at the same stable I had been taking lessons at. We rode the same horse...In fact my hair actually went through an Andie Macdowell phase...lol
“I would rather die than hate you.”
- Martin Luther King
Greg Rawls

Post by Greg Rawls »

Studiodunn wrote:Love this! Stellar job! I would be proud to display that award...

There were lots of Andie MacDowell "sightings" when she was in Woodstock, IL filming Groundhog Day with Bill Murray. I lived in Woodstock at the time and watched several scenes being filmed. A friend of mine was an extra in one of the scenes. It turns out, Andie was taking horseback riding lessons at the same stable I had been taking lessons at. We rode the same horse...In fact my hair actually went through an Andie Macdowell phase...lol
She wore my winter coat when she went walking one morning. I will never wash it!
Greg