Intermediate Glass Fusing Class - Suggestions?

This forum focuses on the artistic "why" and "what" more than the technical "how". Put more philosophical (but still art and glass related) posts here.

Moderator: Tony Smith

Greg Rawls

Intermediate Glass Fusing Class - Suggestions?

Post by Greg Rawls »

I've been asked to teach an intermediate glass fusing class at the local arts council. Something beyond the basic glass plate. This will be a 2 hour class so no cold working or followup. Suggestions???
Greg
JestersBaubles

Re: Intermediate Glass Fusing Class - Suggestions?

Post by JestersBaubles »

Wow... 2 hours for an intermediate class? You would barely scratch the surface of any topic. Does it need to be hands-on or just lecture?

How about pattern bars? -- design, layup, firing schedule, how to cut them, lots of examples. Throw a 5x5" together, fire it for them, and they can pick it up later and do the rest (alternately, they take 'em home to fire, or ship it to them after fired in a USPS flat rate small box).

Inclusions could be considered intermediate.

Make a texture tile. Provide them with a small-ish square of clay (already rolled out), let them cut in a design, and then fire it for them after it's dried (and again, they either pick it up, or you make it sized to fix into a USPS flat rate small box).

Kiln-carving w/fiber paper?

Maybe they all just need a design or color theory class :mrgreen: .

Dana W.
Valerie Adams

Post by Valerie Adams »

I'd probably focus on inclusions, kiln carving, micas or enamels, or creating/working with parts sheets, and perhaps display methods.
Morganica

Post by Morganica »

Cynthia Morgan
Marketeer, Webbist, Glassist
http://www.morganica.com/bloggery
http://www.cynthiamorgan.com

"I wrote, therefore I was." (me)