2013 Magnet Exchange Now Underway

This is the forum for discussing Warm Glass community projects such as the Magnet Exchange, the Collaboration, and similar efforts.

Moderator: Tony Smith

DonnaG

Re: 2013 Magnet Exchange Now Underway

Post by DonnaG »

Ladies and Gentlemen,
I thought being part of the Magless would be fun...I was wrong. It has been fantastic! I drove up to the house and saw 'The Box' on the porch. The groceries almost didn't make it into the house but I showed considerable restraint and did put the milk in the frig before abandoning all hopes of housework in order to open the mystical magical box.
I washed my hands, cleaned the table and very very carefully opened 'The Box'. Seeing the 'how tos' from previous years I expected some really neat work but to see these in real life was something I was not totally prepared for. Each and every one is awesome. The colors, the designs, the techniques.........o my little brain is running in circles.
Naturally I have them all laid out on the kitchen table (guess it's take out in the den tonight) and am putting them in order by participant number -- a bit of overkill on my part?
Can't wait to share them with friends but they are all mine tonight!!!!!!1

Great job everyone!
Susan Mc

Post by Susan Mc »

Tracy Fries wrote:Happy Dance! How much fun is opening that box? Just Wow! Truly going to have to step up my game next year. Lovely work, everyone: =D>

Kind of feel a bit like the girl who showed up to the dance in the same dress as someone else - after all the 'already done that' ideas I scrapped, I can't believe I did the same technique as another participant! :lol:
We thought that was pretty funny.
Nancy

Post by Nancy »

What can I say, Tracy has excellent taste...
pkw

Post by pkw »

Oops behind on sending my how-to on my magless - but I did attend sorting and took some pictures. BTW it was my first magless as a participant (sort of, look at my how-to for confession) and loved sorting and then bringing home my box. Wow to all. Thank you to Susan for a perfect day and to the team who sorted.
Attachments
IMG_0202.jpg
IMG_0203.jpg
IMG_0190.jpg
Every artist was first an amateur.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
pkw

Post by pkw »

just few more...-pkw
Attachments
IMG_0195.jpg
IMG_0194.jpg
IMG_0200.jpg
Every artist was first an amateur.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Tracy Fries

Post by Tracy Fries »

Nancy wrote:What can I say, Tracy has excellent taste...
Right back atcha, Nancy! Maybe we should call each other before we dress for the dance next year! :lol:
Jane Morgan

Post by Jane Morgan »

10pm last night I checked in with the warmglass board, saw the folks who had received their maglesses and jumped out of bed, pulled on my robe, went out to the front porch and there it was - The Box! Woohoo! Back in bed, I unpacked each one of them - fabulous! I drifted off to sleep with a smile on my face. :D . Just home from work and now going to really spend time with them. Thanks to all who participated!
Jane
Jane Morgan
JestersBaubles

Post by JestersBaubles »

Jane Morgan wrote:10pm last night I checked in with the warmglass board, saw the folks who had received their maglesses and jumped out of bed, pulled on my robe, went out to the front porch and there it was - The Box! Woohoo! Back in bed, I unpacked each one of them - fabulous! I drifted off to sleep with a smile on my face. :D . Just home from work and now going to really spend time with them. Thanks to all who participated!
Jane
Yes, mine was on the front porch all along. My husband brought it to me this morning while I was getting ready for work. I had a board meeting, and well... unwrapping maglesses during the meeting would probably have been deemed inappropriate, so I had to wait until I got home this evening.

The maglesses took precedence over the shipment of glass I got today (guess that will be tomorrow -- it's almost bed time). I just finished going through them. Thanks so much to everyone for sharing your creativity! They are all wonderful.

Dana W.
RachelM

Post by RachelM »

Boo Hoo.....(sniff, sniff, teary-eyed) :( :(

Mine went to my P.O. Box so I haven't been able to get there...BUT TONIGHT is the night! I cannot wait after reading about everyone else's reactions!
SO EXCITING!!! =D> =D>

Rachel
imaglassydiva@aol.com
RachelM

Post by RachelM »

Got them! Love them! =D> =D> =D>

Looked at them briefly last night. Today I am going to open box again and go though magless by magless!!!!

Cannot wait for the How-Tos to come.

Rachel :D
charles r. hall

Post by charles r. hall »

A little late to reply, but thanks to everyone who participated in this year's exchange. I for one am always happy with a moderate turnout. The fun for me is in planning and making the first magless, after that it's just work. I was glad to see Melodie show up, little works of art each time. I hope everyone enjoyed the time and the results. I have an old 1950's refrigerator door in my office, and I can sit and look at the hundreds of mags that rest there. As long as we don't have an earthquake, of course.
Charles Hall
"Keep your dreams as clean as silver" John Stewart 1939-2008