American Craft Article on Dan and Lani's home

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Delores Taylor

American Craft Article on Dan and Lani's home

Post by Delores Taylor »

What a treat to get the latest AC and see the beautiful article on Dan and Lani's house. The artwork and house is so lovely and shows how elegant and integrated the two are in Dan and Lani's life.

Of course the cats nabbed the lime light by getting into the photo op. Yo, Lani do those two have their guild cards? 8) If not they have a true calling in the acting field.

Great article, congratulations.... all that hard work shows your home is wonderful.
Paul Bush

Re: American Craft Article on Dan and Lani's home

Post by Paul Bush »

Delores wrote:What a treat to get the latest AC and see the beautiful article on Dan and Lani's house. The artwork and house is so lovely and shows how elegant and integrated the two are in Dan and Lani's life.

Of course the cats nabbed the lime light by getting into the photo op. Yo, Lani do those two have their guild cards? 8) If not they have a true calling in the acting field.

Great article, congratulations.... all that hard work shows your home is wonderful.
Does anyone know where in Portland I can buy this mag? Having had the pleasure of visiting Lani and Dan's home, I'd love to see the writeup on it.

Thanks,

Paul
Paul Bush
Flying Fish Studio
Portland, Oregon
Catharine Newell

Post by Catharine Newell »

Barnes and Noble, Borders, any major bookstore that regularly carries art mags... sometimes not easy to find!

Catharine
Amy on Salt Spring

Post by Amy on Salt Spring »

Just picked up a copy of American Craft at the bookstore in town. Ummm Lani--any insterest in adopting a 38 year old woman? (Keep in mind I come with a husband, four cats, two dogs and a rabbit). The house is gorgeous! and the glass...well you must wake up happy every day (and I bet there are no toothpaste smears left in those bathroom sinks!). Great article too. So did they put the cats there for the pictures or are they, as all cats are, great egoists and assumed the article was about them?
Amy
Jackie Beckman

Post by Jackie Beckman »

Amy on Salt Spring wrote:Just picked up a copy of American Craft at the bookstore in town. Ummm Lani--any insterest in adopting a 38 year old woman? (Keep in mind I come with a husband, four cats, two dogs and a rabbit). The house is gorgeous! and the glass...well you must wake up happy every day (and I bet there are no toothpaste smears left in those bathroom sinks!). Great article too. So did they put the cats there for the pictures or are they, as all cats are, great egoists and assumed the article was about them?
Amy

Isn't it fabulous!? It's probably the only house I've ever been in where I wouldn't change one single thing. It's absolutely perfect. Gorgeous, gorgeous - drool worthy, infact . . . And the cat, well, my guess is he was probably sneaking in to attack the photographer -