fusing resources ? for NC

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Carolina Cricket

fusing resources ? for NC

Post by Carolina Cricket »

I am new to board...delighted so far. Excited. Recently returned to NC after 13 years away. Within 65 mile of Raleigh/Durham area. Recommendations for glass shops in the area who are current on fusing?
Thanks!
Dolores

Post by Dolores »

Get Thee to Stained Glass Warehouse in Arden, NC! :D (828) 650-0992, Fax(828) 684-8861. http://www.stainedglasswarehouse.com
lissa

Post by lissa »

As it is right now, they are not set up for retail on location, just mail order. However, this winter they are opening a great new retail space (also in Arden) that they will have flameworking classes at and everything (maybe fusing classes too?). They are super nice folks, visit their web site.

lissa.
Carolina Cricket

Thanks, Lissa and Dolores. I will follow up on the Arden lead!
Carolina Cricket

Lissa, Dolores...I realized after I sent off my thank you message that I recognized the 828 area code as being in the Boone, Linville area, right? I am in that area frequently and will be there again this month. Even if they aren't open, maybe I can check it out.
lissa

Post by lissa »

They are just south of Asheville, off 26 at the airport exit, about an hour and a half or so west of Boone. They might let you stop in but they aren't set up for retail on site at all, but true to its name it IS a warehouse full of glass and related tools...fun! I think their retail site shouldn't be long in coming as it was forecasted to open in May, now they are hoping for this winter.

lissa.
Stuart Clayman

Post by Stuart Clayman »

In Durham, just off 85 there is Carolina Stain Glass that is getting more and more into Fused glass. I live in Richmond and stop off there on my way to or from Charlotte where my sis lives. They have always been very nice and helpful.

Stuart
Barbara Cashman

Post by Barbara Cashman »

Well, I guess I should mention that, since we started as as stained glass retail shop/studio in 1983 in Greensboro, we still sell supplies. Of course, fusing supplies are also readily available----and I LOVE the company of fellow fusers. So, if you're in the Greensboro area, let me know. - Barbara
Stuart Clayman

Post by Stuart Clayman »

Barbara,

Where are you located in Greensboro? Near I85?

Stuart
Nancy

Post by Nancy »

Carolina Stained Glass in Durham also has two Jack Russell terrier customer service reps. Daisy is especially enthusiastic. CSG hosts several fusing artists who give classes. It is a very pleasant studio/retail spot!! Good prices.