Cynthia's website

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Amy on Salt Spring

Cynthia's website

Post by Amy on Salt Spring »

I hope she doesn't mind me "outing" her but I just was browsing through a bunch of members' websites (I'm getting ready to add pictures of four new pieces to mine in a week or two and I was thinking about redoing the layout I use and wanted to see how some other people are doing it) and I looked at Cynthia's site. The last time I looked it was under construction but its up and running now and is very nice, plus you get to see her cool work. Go take a look
http://www.cynthiaoliverglass.com/
-Amy
Barbara Cashman

Post by Barbara Cashman »

Excellent site, Cynthia. Fabulous opening page. I just wanted to dive into your glass. The photos themselves show great creativity and just the right amount of "tease". Whoever designed it did a great job! - Barbara
Cynthia

Post by Cynthia »

Barbara Cashman wrote:Excellent site, Cynthia. Fabulous opening page. I just wanted to dive into your glass. The photos themselves show great creativity and just the right amount of "tease". Whoever designed it did a great job! - Barbara
Many thanks Barbara and Amy. I collaborated with a wonderful designer named Kinde Nebeker on the layout for brochures and postcards. I decided that the design should remain the same for the website as well. My sister-in-law, Carol Deckelbaum, crafted the site using my brochure as a guide. Lisa Allen and her husband gave me good advice and resources for us to finally get it going, and voila! It's finally up and running. Now to keep it current! None of that work is available, and since I don't do production, I need to keep current images available...guess I better put that on my to do list.

Both of these talented ladies are available for hire if anyone needs a good designer or a webcrafter.
Brian and Jenny Blanthorn

Post by Brian and Jenny Blanthorn »

Cynthia wrote:
Barbara Cashman wrote:Excellent site, Cynthia. Fabulous opening page. I just wanted to dive into your glass. The photos themselves show great creativity and just the right amount of "tease". Whoever designed it did a great job! - Barbara
Many thanks Barbara and Amy. I collaborated with a wonderful designer named Kinde Nebeker on the layout for brochures and postcards. I decided that the design should remain the same for the website as well. My sister-in-law, Carol Deckelbaum, crafted the site using my brochure as a guide. Lisa Allen and her husband gave me good advice and resources for us to finally get it going, and voila! It's finally up and running. Now to keep it current! None of that work is available, and since I don't do production, I need to keep current images available...guess I better put that on my to do list.

Both of these talented ladies are available for hire if anyone needs a good designer or a webcrafter.
Nice look 2 the site

Some things 4 u 2 consider

Ur name on each page

If I send a page link it will not have ur name on

If U do this the convention is that the name is a link back 2 the home page

On the pages consider the pics mosics 4 instance 2 link 2 the mosaic page

Not clear where 2 click

Another thing consider lightening the pics

Or making the page background less white

Brian
Carole Burton

Post by Carole Burton »

Lovely website Cynthia. The layout is wonderfully different making you wish it would never end. Super photography. Great use of creative lettering on the opening page. Carole.....
Cynthia

Post by Cynthia »

I'll talk to my site crafter person about your suggestions Brian. They make good sense. The pics were dark as they were shot with print material type of publication in mind. I don't know why they needed to be so dark, but that's what the designer and printers wanted. For the site I really should have shot different images. I didn't though...since they need updating anyway, the next batch will be shot with the site in mind.

Thanks to you and Carole for taking the time to look and comment. Hey Carole, the logo is pretty great isn't it? It's so fun when something so simple can be so striking.
Carole Burton

Post by Carole Burton »

STRIKING...YOU GOT IT...CAROLE......
Brian and Jenny Blanthorn

Post by Brian and Jenny Blanthorn »

Cynthia wrote:I'll talk to my site crafter person about your suggestions Brian. They make good sense. The pics were dark as they were shot with print material type of publication in mind. I don't know why they needed to be so dark, but that's what the designer and printers wanted. For the site I really should have shot different images. I didn't though...since they need updating anyway, the next batch will be shot with the site in mind.

Thanks to you and Carole for taking the time to look and comment. Hey Carole, the logo is pretty great isn't it? It's so fun when something so simple can be so striking.
Well some of my pics R dark

Most of web pics R dark

I dont know why

Its probably the same reason that in movies the speach is low n the music is loud

Same reason also that yummy tasty Jam is expensive while yukky stuff is cheep

Brian