dichroic color change?

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

mpg

dichroic color change?

Post by mpg »

Hi,

I've read that dichroic glass will change to a different color when heated. Is there any way (other than experimentation!) to determine what this color will be? Does it depend on the temperature the glass is heated to?

Thanks!
Michelle
Mira

Post by Mira »

I figure it out when I buy it. But, I did buy a bunch of second-hand scrap once and I never figured out how to tell ahead of time, short of expirementation. If there is a difference in how it turns out due to temperature, I never noticed it.

Have fun, fun, fun!
jim simmons

Re: dichroic color change?

Post by jim simmons »

mpg wrote:Hi,

I've read that dichroic glass will change to a different color when heated. Is there any way (other than experimentation!) to determine what this color will be? Does it depend on the temperature the glass is heated to?

Thanks!
Michelle
Hold the dichroic at an angle of 45% and that should shuld show ou the flat color of thr dichro

Jim
charlie

Re: dichroic color change?

Post by charlie »

mpg wrote:Hi,

Thanks!
Michelle
generally, cbs will shift one color on their chart. i forget whether it is up or down, but their website explains it.