Warm Glass calendar!!!

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

PDXBarbara

Post by PDXBarbara »

Gale aka artistefem wrote:If we want to make a heap for the scholarship fund - as in selling a bunch of these "one of a kind" calendars, then everyone should think about doing something wild and whacky with their photo.

Plus, I'd really hate to piss off some poor fisherman who's bought a copy of this calendar based on seeing someone parked in their waders on the front page - LOL! You know - truth in advertising and all..............

Chip's calendar idea has the possibility of being a real good promo piece to advance the effort for warmglasser/coldworkers.

Why don't we start a big buzz, instead of only a simmer. Have no fear glassies - go out there ------------ somewhere, anywhere - just don't be boring - LOL!
ebay, eh?
BB
Barbara Bader
Gale aka artistefem

Post by Gale aka artistefem »

Hmmm....auctioning off pic of pecs & glass bodies to the highest bidder. You may be onto something here!
Tony Smith

Post by Tony Smith »

Jackie Beckman wrote:
Tony Smith wrote:Unfortunately, if some of the pictures turn out the way I expect, I won't be allowed to hang it up at work :shock:

Tony
Will you have any luck being allowed to hang it up at home??
I SHOULD be able to hang it up at home... in my studio... behind the door :oops:

But if people are going to push this whole public auction idea, I may change my photo... let's keep this within our own community... Please [-o<

Tony
The tightrope between being strange and being creative is too narrow to walk without occasionally landing on both sides..." Scott Berkun
Jackie Beckman

Post by Jackie Beckman »

Tony Smith wrote:
Jackie Beckman wrote:
Tony Smith wrote:Unfortunately, if some of the pictures turn out the way I expect, I won't be allowed to hang it up at work :shock:

Tony
Will you have any luck being allowed to hang it up at home??
I SHOULD be able to hang it up at home... in my studio... behind the door :oops:

But if people are going to push this whole public auction idea, I may change my photo... let's keep this within our own community... Please [-o<

Tony
You better not change your photo! If you do, then I'm changing mine too, Mister! But I must admit, I'm secretly hoping it's only going to be amongst our WGBB buddies too.

Jackie
PDXBarbara

Post by PDXBarbara »

Jackie Beckman wrote: But I must admit, I'm secretly hoping it's only going to be amongst our WGBB buddies too.

Jackie
I'm with you, Jackie.... feels like a Family Thang...

BB
Barbara Bader
Gale aka artistefem

Post by Gale aka artistefem »

Triple xxx or even 1x is not my cup of tea, either - LOL! I have a whole protest installation piece that deals with the negative affects of xxx!!!

Tasteful, but whacky and fun is what I encourage.

.......and folks, there's no doubt news of and copies of our calendar will travel outside of our WG community. We're being short-sighted to not make the most of it?? Hmmmm?

After all it is for a good cause.
PDXBarbara

Post by PDXBarbara »

Gale aka artistefem wrote:Triple xxx or even 1x is not my cup of tea, either - LOL! I have a whole protest installation piece that deals with the negative affects of xxx!!!

Tasteful, but whacky and fun is what I encourage.

.......and folks, there's no doubt news of and copies of our calendar will travel outside of our WG community. We're being short-sighted to not make the most of it?? Hmmmm?

After all it is for a good cause.
Hi Gale... well, I'm not proud.. I AM wishywashy.... so whatever folks want to run with is ok by Ms. PDXFeb2005.
Barbara Bader
PDXBarbara

Photoshopping

Post by PDXBarbara »

Hey Chip....Should we just send you the pics...without messing around in photoshop? (like borders or something...?) I figured you'd want to design that sort of thing yourself, no?

Thanks,
BB
Barbara Bader
Chip

Post by Chip »

Yes, send them to me in the highest resolution your camera can take. Or send me a hard copy from a film camera and I will scan it.

If you want to "clean it up" a little (take out noise and such), that would be fine too.
Chip
Micah 6.8
BobB

Post by BobB »

will we be able to get a preview of this calendar before buying? I'm concerned what the effect some of the "models" (positive or negative) might have on general shop moral, artistic expression..etc.

The girls will be NO problemo, but I shudder to think about the months I have to look at some of the guys in waders and aprons. :-# for an entire MONTH.

:D
BobB
Chip

Post by Chip »

Ahem. Or maybe you should be concerned about those NOT in waders, etc. :D :shock: (a joke folks, just a joke!)

Like I said in the rules, I will not edit except to fit the picture on the page, etc. What you submit is what you get. :)
Chip
Micah 6.8
Dani

Post by Dani »

There are some frightening thoughts around this project, that's true. What are we calling this thing, Mostly Middle-aged in Glass :?: :!: On the subject of photography, mine asks this question: Can you find out how large he is going to be using the photo? I told him when it comes to size, just make the boomlift big and me small and we'll all be happy! Seriously, how big is this calendar, do you know yet? Does it matter? Do we care?
Tony Smith

Post by Tony Smith »

Chip had said that he wants a minimum of 2 megapixels which is 1200 x 1600 pixels.

Tony
The tightrope between being strange and being creative is too narrow to walk without occasionally landing on both sides..." Scott Berkun
Chip

Post by Chip »

Dani,
Whether or not size.........oh never mind. :D

In this case, each picture will be an 8x5. That demands a pretty good resolution, for that is a pretty good sized picture. Room for the boom and yoom, I mean you. LOL.
Chip
Micah 6.8
Dani

Post by Dani »

Thanks, 8 x 5 final output is what he wanted to know. :) I can probably even squeeze in a scissor lift... maybe Pikes Peak, what do you think??
Brock

Post by Brock »

How are the entries coming Chip?

Anything you've had to nuke for bad taste, or excess flesh?

Let us know about the costs, and thanks for doing the work. Brock
Doug Randall

Post by Doug Randall »

I have some good candid shots from past functions that I could send Chip...Nah! :twisted:
Brock

Post by Brock »

Maybe that underwear on the head shot from Red Deer?
Doug Randall

Post by Doug Randall »

That would have been one of several had I been able to do the calender thing, but alas...I was out of town when it started and all filled up on my return. I do have several great shots of some of other board members.
Ron Coleman

Chip, Your mail box won't work

Post by Ron Coleman »

Chip

Your mail box says my message is too big and it won' accept it. Any ideas?

Ron