thick glass

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Dick

thick glass

Post by Dick »

Hi. Does anyone have a source of thick clear glass? need about 20 pieces about 6" x8" in either 1" or 1.5 inches thick. Can be float. Not cost effective to make, plus I don't want lines from sheet glass.

Thanks

Dick
Bert Weiss

Re: thick glass

Post by Bert Weiss »

There is 1" float, made somewhere offshore. I don't know a source. For 1.5", maybe you can get some Schott from HIS?
Bert

Bert Weiss Art Glass*
http://www.customartglass.com
Furniture Lighting Sculpture Tableware
Architectural Commissions
Tony Smith

Post by Tony Smith »

Dalle de Verre glass is available from Kokomo in 8 x 12 x 1" in colors and clear

http://www.kog.com/more-glass/dalles.html

Tony
The tightrope between being strange and being creative is too narrow to walk without occasionally landing on both sides..." Scott Berkun
Dick

Post by Dick »

thanks I will check it out
Rick Wilton

Post by Rick Wilton »

i've been fusing two pieces of 3/4 together to make 1.5" then cutting with a tile saw and fire polishing to achieve a thicker blank. You can see a fine line but it's not too noticeable.
Rick Wilton
williamslaybaugh

Post by williamslaybaugh »

I've got a bunch of the Dalle de Verre glass in storage. I'm not sure if I have 20 clear, but I also have transparent blue, green and red. I can run up there mid-week and post some photos and let you know what I've got if your interested.