photo copying on to glass

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Andrea R

photo copying on to glass

Post by Andrea R »

I know we have had lots of time on this topic.

But could someone refresh my memory :/

printer, ink, firing scheduel .........

Thank you all !!
Andrea
"C'est Moi (Its Me)"
bepnewt

Re: photo copying on to glass

Post by bepnewt »

I'm new to the forum and interested in seeing what comes of this.

My plan was to use this site:
http://www.decals4artists.com/index.html

I've started a Photoshop file with some of the things I want. I just need to finish it and send it off.

-BEP
Andrea R wrote:I know we have had lots of time on this topic.

But could someone refresh my memory :/

printer, ink, firing scheduel .........

Thank you all !!
Andrea
Brian E. Parker -- Broken Arrow, OK
Vonon

Post by Vonon »

Andrea, I use an HP laser jet printer. The "ink" needs to have a high iron content as that is what makes the nice sepia image when fired. I ordered the decal paper from Delphi and just followed the instructions. Hummm, I just looked for the instruction sheet and can't find it. Maybe there is a trail to be found at: http://www.delphiglass.com/fusing-embel ... er-10-pack
Vonon
bepnewt

Post by bepnewt »

Have you come across any way to do this at home with black instead of the Sepia from the high iron? If I could do black at home, I'd be set.

-BEP
Vonon wrote:Andrea, I use an HP laser jet printer. The "ink" needs to have a high iron content as that is what makes the nice sepia image when fired. I ordered the decal paper from Delphi and just followed the instructions. Hummm, I just looked for the instruction sheet and can't find it. Maybe there is a trail to be found at: http://www.delphiglass.com/fusing-embel ... er-10-pack
Vonon

Post by Vonon »

BEP, Unfortunately I do not know of a way to get black print at home aside from screen printing. Check the books section on the home page of this site to find Jody Walker's excellent book regarding printmaking on glass. I believe it is on sale right now. Lots of ideas there.
Vonon
bepnewt

Post by bepnewt »

Thank you, Vonon.

-BEP
Vonon wrote:BEP, Unfortunately I do not know of a way to get black print at home aside from screen printing. Check the books section on the home page of this site to find Jody Walker's excellent book regarding printmaking on glass. I believe it is on sale right now. Lots of ideas there.