What type of kiln to buy to make sink?

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Phil Hoppes

Post by Phil Hoppes »

Bert Weiss wrote:Offering customer service is probably the biggest expense in the sink biz. Plumbers have zero experience in installing glass sinks and are pretty likely to break them. Replacement percentages are high.
Can't say I disagree with anything you've said Bert but if a plumber broke a sink I made, seems to me, he just bought a replacement. I would not replace it for free that is for darn sure. Now getting them to pay is another thing but free replacement would not be my first path.

Phil
stargazer

Post by stargazer »

Thanks for the reality check. We'll wait but it sure sounds fun if you have the right equipment.
mikefromitaly

ok

Post by mikefromitaly »

hello friends
have a look at following link

teknokilns.it

they are beautiful kilns
Bert Weiss

Re: ok

Post by Bert Weiss »

mike from italy wrote:hello friends
have a look at following link

teknokilns.it

they are beautiful kilns
I used a Morretti much like the Tucano from Tekno. They don't list costs. I wonder what it costs before shipping in USD?

These kilns are made with biosoluble fiber blankets to meet European safety standards. I wonder how those blankets react to rigidizing and does rigidizing a blanket lower it's insulating value?
Bert

Bert Weiss Art Glass*
http://www.customartglass.com
Furniture Lighting Sculpture Tableware
Architectural Commissions